“Biker scene”

Ranked #4 of 410 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to KC's Rib Shack Barbecue restaurant. New Hampshire's favorite BBQ for close to two decades. At KC's Rib Shack, serving the world's finest hickory-smoked ribs and BBQ is our passion. Our food and exceptional service are definitely two things we take seriously. No white tablecloths here, you'll sit at butcher paper covered tables under the Christmas lights and pull from a roll of paper towels to wipe our homemade BBQ sauces from your face. Our Southern style Barbeque, Bar-B-Que, Bar-B-Cue, just Q, or however you spell it, is seasoned with our own recipe of different dry rubs and cooked without sauce. Its then cut to order and prepared straight from our smokers which run 24 hours a day...
Reviewed August 13, 2009

We went here because of the reviews on trip advisor and a review in the magazine at our hotel. I had a grilled chicken breast with barbecue sauce it was very good. My son had a two meat special, the pulled pork was good, but the beef was fatty and kind of nasty. Overall the meal was pretty average. Warning to people from out of town. This place has a very "biker" type atmosphere. We went on a Friday night and for a while we were the only "family" in the place. It seems that this is a local watering hole for younger blue collar guys. The decorations are license plates with funny names on them like "lizard" etc. The waitresses are highly tatooed and pierced. If this is your bag you will like this place. My family and I felt a little uncomfortable in here since we are neither tatooed or pierced or wearing black and Harley apparel. Still, our waitress was competent even though she realized we seemed out of place. I probably wouldn't go back here just because the "biker" atmosphere is not my thing.

Reviewed June 21, 2009

Went to KC's looking for to try a new bbq place. i ussually go to blue ribbon in boston area. Id have to say Kc's was really good. I would say equal if not better to blue ribbon. Staff was nice. beer was good. Ribs, Chicken and Brisket were great. The Pulled pork, Awsome! Sauses were good, like the carolina and the apple slather. Side were good, loved the baked beans. Real smoked BBQ. I was also pleasantly suprized by the deep fried pickles. I ll be back.

Reviewed May 11, 2009

KC's does a great job at BBQ. They have coupons too. If you get on their email list you get offers through email which are enticing. Food is well done and plentiful.

Reviewed April 7, 2009

The food is absolutely outstanding, and the staff are excellent. If your looking for a casual, fun night out with friends, this is the spot!

Reviewed January 30, 2009

I love ribs and I seek out rib joints every wherever I travel. I've probably eaten ribs from over 100 different restaurants from around the country. Ten years ago I had to travel to Maryland to get good ribs as you couldn't find a decent rib joint anywhere in NH. Now we have two; KC's and Goody Coles. I think KC's is the hands down best. Once you've enjoyed their succulent ribs, you won't be able to eat the "BBQ" ribs from the chain restaurants. I regularly introduce friends, family and clients to the KC's and they all love it. If you love ribs, you'll love it, too.