“Great BBQ but not for everyone”
Review of KC's Rib Shack

KC's Rib Shack
Ranked #4 of 400 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to KC's Rib Shack Barbecue restaurant. New Hampshire's favorite BBQ for close to two decades. At KC's Rib Shack, serving the world's finest hickory-smoked ribs and BBQ is our passion. Our food and exceptional service are definitely two things we take seriously. No white tablecloths here, you'll sit at butcher paper covered tables under the Christmas lights and pull from a roll of paper towels to wipe our homemade BBQ sauces from your face. Our Southern style Barbeque, Bar-B-Que, Bar-B-Cue, just Q, or however you spell it, is seasoned with our own recipe of different dry rubs and cooked without sauce. Its then cut to order and prepared straight from our smokers which run 24 hours a day...
Port Charlotte, FL
“Great BBQ but not for everyone”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

If you want some of the best ribs, pulled pork, BBQ chicken or brisket and don't mind the noise and the old booths that look like they have been there since the 50's and the rickety old place, then you can't go wrong here. Voted best ribs in Manchester, NH. I've been here several times and will go again when I can. For me its all about the food.

• Visited July 2013

Manchester, New Hampshire
“Average ribs”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I like the atmosphere and the service was very good. It's not a place that stands out. You have to really look for it. I had high hopes when I entered for some great ribs, but it just didn't meet my expectations.

Visited February 2013
Concord, New Hampshire
“GREAT BBQ !”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had a planned birthday celebration for a coworker and had hoped to eat outside on the patio with the Tiki bar but the weather wasn’t cooperating. When we arrived, it wasn’t raining but there was a breeze and the outside patio wasn’t open. We made the best of it and a group of eight of us sat inside. Our waitress, Bonnie was wonderful! She offered to take group photos and was into the Jimmy Buffet Margaretville theme. As we were almost finished with our appetizers, fried onion rings, jerky chicken wings (hot) and fried pickles, Bonnie asked if we wanted to move outside since the weather had improved. She offered to crank the tunes and set us up outside, we were all in.

Dinner was great; most of us went with ribs, pulled pork or the chicken breast. The sides of cole slaw and baked beans were great. Corn bread is an added treat. None of us had room for dessert but our friend who was celebrating her birthday was served ice cream with the candles that we brought. We all shared. It was a great time and none of us would hesitate to go back again!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Thelma110
glen,New Hampshire
“can't go wrong here”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

No frills atmosphere, but this place is just for serious eating...Drove 2 hours on my birthday for this hankering, and I knew KC's would deliver...Succulent country cut spare ribs,brisket, pulled pork, and a plethorha of wing preparations made my car smell like heaven on my ride home...Portions are ridiculously huge, so the value's there...best BBQ in NH, without a doubt.

• Visited June 2013
Londonderry, New Hampshire
“BLECK!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

ALL I can say is COLD, crappy BBQ is NOT good and that's what KC's has. Bar ladies more interested in putting on make up and tending to the sloppy bar regular tippers...BLECK

YOU WANT SUPERIOR CAN'T BE BEAT BBQ? GO TO GOODLI COLES IN BRENTWOOD, NH! EXIT 7 OFF 101 :)

Visited April 2013