“Barbecue Meca of the Northeast”
Review of KC's Rib Shack

KC's Rib Shack
Ranked #4 of 412 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to KC's Rib Shack Barbecue restaurant. New Hampshire's favorite BBQ for close to two decades. At KC's Rib Shack, serving the world's finest hickory-smoked ribs and BBQ is our passion. Our food and exceptional service are definitely two things we take seriously. No white tablecloths here, you'll sit at butcher paper covered tables under the Christmas lights and pull from a roll of paper towels to wipe our homemade BBQ sauces from your face. Our Southern style Barbeque, Bar-B-Que, Bar-B-Cue, just Q, or however you spell it, is seasoned with our own recipe of different dry rubs and cooked without sauce. Its then cut to order and prepared straight from our smokers which run 24 hours a day...
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Barbecue in the rough. This is as good as it gets. Very reasonably priced. Food is excellent and portions are healthy.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I seem to end up at KC's at least every month or so, there just isn't any place better for BBQ! Great atmosphere too!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I had been looking on line at the KC's web site from the UK for some time--in fact its the reason we stayed in Manchester during our New England roadtrip.
I WAS NOT DISAPOINTED!!!
The shack is in Downtown Manchester and it was great to see that it was packed with locals, There was a super display of Harley's outside--so your getting the picture.
We were well looked after by Bonnie. I asked about the slabs of Ribs, whether I could eat a whole rib--Bonnie just looked me up and down and suggested that I order a Half slab--Priceless!! She was right, this enourmous pile of ribs arrived with Fries, Beans and Cornbread. I just about managed to eat the lot. My wife had the Brisket--that was amazing as well. Great meal--Great fun. I wish I could go there every day as there is so much more on the Menu that I would want to try.

Bonnie took some photos of us as we were leaving--she was busy but made time for us.

One of the great American experiences. Please go and try for yourself.

Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Just perfect..food great..ribs super tender..great service..nice place...as good as it gets if you love bbq this is the place

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Yet another great place to eat tarnished by lackadaisical service. Food was delicious, although it took about 35 minutes for our food to come. We were a party of seven so I can understand and they were busy too. The complimentary side of chili I ordered with my sausage and rice entree was great but I finished it in about 5 spoonfuls. We were all finished and waiting for our server to bring the check but no one knew where she went. It took 10 minutes to get the check.