“Hot spot on a freezing New Year's Eve” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Bar, Cajun & Creole, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hot spot on a freezing New Year's Eve”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Fun change from array of other downtown eateries Warm, friendly greeting at door by owner in snappy dress set tone for festive ringing in 2014. Decor, menu, live jazz group, drinks! attentive fun service complete with beads for all set tone for a taste of New Orleans in the frozen north. Special appetizer like a Cajun spannekopeta (sp?)- yummy. Trio sampler & jazz pasta especially good-option for level of spice heat helpful for more sensitive northern palates. Beignets-outstanding! Bread pudding-melt in your mouth! Save room!

Overall good value, fun atmosphere, GOOD EATS. Not exactly Bourbon St, but a nice take on a different dining experience. Give it a try!

• Visited January 2014

Merrimack, New Hampshire
“Birthday dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

A friend of mine suggested we go here and there is no better recommendation than that of a friend, thank you Geoff!
We were greeted at the door by a friendly staff member and were given beads, very nice.
Our table was situated in a good place as we were 9 in our party , two 17 year olds (the birthday boy) and my 7 year old granddaughter who loved the decor, she loves anything Cajun including alligator !
Our server was very friendly which made it a great experience.
Everyone had something different, the alligator bites were oh so good , portions were big and served hot, we all enjoyed our food , not a single complaint.
We had beignets and they were quickly devoured .
The band played Happy Birthday for my son which was a nice touch.
Drinks are very good, the cosmo was one of the best I have had in awhile , kudos to the bartender.
I will return and encourage you to check this place out.

Visited December 2013
New Hampshire
“Good, but limited menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

It is good to see a new restaurant in Manch that is different from all the others. As the name implies, the food is the type of southern food that you'd expect to see in New Orleans. We were there on a Saturday night, and there was a live jazz band.

The menu is smaller than I would have expected, but there were some good choices. I had the trio sampler, which was pretty good. My wife had a dinner salad, which was good, but boring compared to other things on the menu. We also started with the Calamari, which was good, but not great. They also have Abita Purple Haze on draft!

One suggestion I have is, they are missing the mark on their bread. The pre-dinner bread was just boring white bread. They should instead give people some of the corn bread that came with the trio. That stuff was excellent!

Visited November 2013
Henniker, New Hampshire, United States
“Off to a pretty good start”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

On a Thursday evening we visited for dinner, and were favorably impressed. The food was really good, the service staff seems to be trying hard to please.

We shared an appetizer of fried calamari that was really good and very ample for two of us. It was spiced with a thin sauce that had a little kick without being overpowering.

My date had a chopped salad meal that was huge and she said it was very good.

I had Creole Jambalaya that was really good, again spiced just right, and lots of good food on a bed of soft rice.

The ambiance is nice, new and clean, with a normally noisy bar area and tables in a quieter area where you can visit.

The prices are reasonable, particularly for the quality of the food.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great idea...bad execution”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is our second time to N'awlins Grille. The first time we went we sat at a table in the bar area and had drinks and an appetizer. I had a mojito and I must say it lived up to my expectations. It had fresh muddled strawberries in it. That night was pretty festive there were girls walking around giving out beads and talking to everyone about a beer they were promoting. We ordered the appetizer of homemade chips with a oil and seasoning on them. It was way too oily and oversalted. We went again this Saturday because we were lookhing for a place to hang out and listen to music and grab a bite to eat. We sat at the bar and the bartender brought us a drink menu. We just ordered beer and wine. He brought my husbands beer and then after serving about 4 other drinks finally brought my wine while stating, "you probably thought I forgot about you?" We had to ask him for a menu and then after about 10 minutes we decided that we would go elsewhere. My husband and I have been waiting for Manchester to have a jazz club....but this place falls short of our expectations. When you first arrive you notice the bad décor....they have silver moss with plastic snakes hanging above. And the bad murals of swamp painting on the wall leave you feeling like your at a theme park. The jazz is great but the band plays facing the hostess station and the doorway leading out... Very strange setup.

• Visited November 2013