“Fast and friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch
Concord, New Hampshire
“Fast and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

Limited time on my lunch break...stopped in to try for the first time. I went with the standard grilled cheese. NOT SO STANDARD! Two different types of cheese on delicious bread. And big enough one half is the size of normal sandwich bread. Then I spied the Cubano and I knew my husband would not forgive me if I didn't get his favorite type of sandwich. The nice young man at the grill was careful to give me special reheating instructions so my husband could have it uniformly hot and delicious. As a "side" option they have a wonderful macaroni salad with BACON! In and out with two hot sandwiches in ten minutes! The husband loved his reheated sandwich, reheated as instructed, he said it tasted fresh made and was really good!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Thechrissy

“Must try it! Mmmmm so good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

The sandwiches are amazing here. The atmosphere leaves something to be desired but the food more than makes up for that.

Manchester, New Hampshire
“Very tasty, great for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Went the other week with a my wife and some friends and I have to say I liked this a lot more than I expected to. They have wide variation of grilled cheese sandwiches or you can "build your own" from a good sized variation of breads and cheeses and meats ect..... they also have a few different kinds of soup and chilli. I had the chilli and it was really good, on the spicy side which I appreciate. I cant remember the name of the sandwich I had but it was 3 kinds of cheese with bacon and Canadian white bread.....real good. I say give it a shot.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dover, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,748 helpful votes
“MELT-A-LICIOUS at MANCHESTER’S GRILLED CHEESE PALACE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

Souper Melt is located in the building that once housed several restaurants over the years, including New England Bagel, Peking Garden and Ling Garden. KC’s Rib Shack is in the building out back.

It is Manchester's Grilled Cheese Sandwich-Lover's Palace.

The inside is small with about a dozen tables for three and four.

Ordering is cafeteria-style, and the counterman delivers the food to your table.

I could see the cook working at the large griddle. Each sandwich was grilled under a square metal cover to hold in the heat so that the cheese would melt completely.

I ordered the GC-101 which was the basic Grilled Cheese Sandwich at $5.00. I chose Cooper Sharp American on marble rye. It came with a choice of chips or macaroni salad. I opted for the macaroni salad. I also ordered a cup of homemade Cream of Tomato Soup. Regularly, $3.00, the cup of soup was $2.50 with the purchase of a sandwich.

Service is good. My order came in about 10 minutes.

The cup serving of soup was generous. The soup was extremely hot; and, it stayed hot throughout the meal. It was very good. There were small chunks of tomato pulp in the soup. The soup was not overly salty. The chunk tomatoes gave the soup a fresh taste.

The grilled cheese sandwich was excellent. It was grilled to perfection. The cheese was completely melted. The marble rye bread was not from an oval loaf but from a conventional loaf.

The macaroni salad was good, but it had more mayo than I care for. It was not your typical macaroni salad. It had texture and a little crunch from chopped vegetables, such as celery, green pepper, and either sweet red pepper or pimento. It was tasty.

The menu also has breakfast sammies from $6.00, create-your-own grilled cheese sandwiches with numerous add-ons, chopped salads from $4.00, Kayem beef hot dogs from $3.00, and a selection of beverages. One unique salad was the Chicken Apple Cranberry. As I left, two fellows ordered that salad so apparently it's good. The only dessert is the Whoopie Pie at $2.00.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Maurene_K
Newark, Vermont
“A Hidden Gem! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

This is a great little breakfast and lunch place tucked in amongst the chain restaurants on Second St in Manchester NH. It sits right in front of KC's Rib Shack in the old Pizza Hut building. They offer lots of varieties of grilled cheese, salads, soups and hot dogs as well as breakfast sandwiches. I had the Tuna melt which was excellent! I'm very fussy about my tuna and this was tasty(not fishy), with just the right amount of Mayo. Sharp Cheddar, muenster and bacon all on multigrain bread grilled perfectly. A must visit and soon to become favorite place for a quick bite!