“Doesn't live up”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Got to give this place a poor rating. Went there as result of hype...would never go again. Don't know where the hype about how good it is came from. Nothing like I thought it would be. Don't waste your time.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We love finding Triple D spots when traveling. Not only was this on Food Network but it came highly recommended by co-workers. Well we were not disappointed. A small diner that is mostly counter seating, we were warned we may have to wait in a line. Well we arrived around 9:30 on a Monday and had no problem getting seated. All five of us ordered something different and everyone left full and very pleased with our meal. Not bad pricing either. Our variety included omelettes, french toast sticks, pancakes and loaded hashbrowns. Everything was fresh and hot and the server was very prompt and friendly. Loved the hashbrowns and of course we all wanted to try the Dinah fingers (homemade twinkies) but were too full so we got a bag of six to go. Later on they were devoured and were better than the real thing. We suggest stopping in if you're ever in the area and we'll be sure to stop again.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have heard how great the Red Arrow Diner was for a long time. It is supposed to be one of the top diners in the area and boy was I disappointed. We arrived around 9:30 and took a seat at the bar. This is a very tiny place and not comfortable at all. If people are waiting for a table they are standing behind you. The bathroom is through the kitchen and not the cleanest bathroom I've seen which really concerned me because you gad to get there through the kitchen. Our waitress was very loud and not very friendly. The service was poor. The food was no better. I ordered the chili and it tasted like ketchup on sloppy joes. The lasagna was not appealing at all. I would not be going back there and I don't understand why it is supposedly one of the best diners in the area.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We went for a late night dessert. The dessert selection is so difficult, because they have many choices of Cream pies and they are incredibly good! The pies are about 5 inches tall and just delicious. The homemade eclairs looked fantastic but were sold out. The place is really small but adorable. There is no waiting room. The server was very friendly and chatty. A great stop!!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Very good food and service. Featured by Guy Fieri. Very small though...handful of booths and long counter. Did not like that waiting customers were basically breathing down my neck to get done. Glad we stopped...would go again.