“Totally awesome dive!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Very good food and service. Featured by Guy Fieri. Very small though...handful of booths and long counter. Did not like that waiting customers were basically breathing down my neck to get done. Glad we stopped...would go again.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

This is a must stop for presidential candidates stumping their way thru the NH primaries. Food is very good in a diner kind of way- fast, nothing fancy and filling. Place has a great feel. Small with counter stools and a handful of booths. Each seat and booth have small metal tags identifying each presidential candidate, celebrity and media bigwig who occupied your seat in past. Kind of corny but it does get your curiosity going. Walls covered with mostly politicians who have visited this cool little spot. Well worth the visit. Staff was very nice and treated visitors just like the locals- with a smile, courtesy and humor.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I travel a lot for work, unfortunately that means I don't get to cook much, even when I'm home I don't cook much. I am at the mercy of the local establishments when I get assigned to work in a new city or town. Sure, I could go to any one of the big chains when I'm in a new town or city, those guys are everywhere and the menus are always the same, throw some fancy, eye catching advertisements, a catchy rhyme or tune in a tv commercial, (((Yummm....etc.))). Now those places are ok, i'm not knocking them. But if your in Manchester, NH and would like to try some simple home made style cooking, and they're open 24 hours day, 7 days a week with the full menu. Daily specials, home made desserts, and friendly service, I'd recommend the Red Arrow Diner. It's a local place and as I have been going there frequently, I see the locals coming in and out, visiting, catching up, but mostly enjoying they're meal, the place has got quite a history too. This place has been here for lots of years on Lowell St, changed owners a couple of times, but still maintains the classic American Diner. Comedian Adam Sandler, a local who grew up in Manchester, or Comedian Sarah Silverman will stop in when there in town, I haven't seen any of them yet but maybe if I go there enough .... Anyways just wanted to say Good Food, Good Prices, Good Service. Please remember it's a small place with counter service and a half dozen tables, so you may have to wait to sit, (I never had to, but I travel solo and there's always a single seat open at the counter) but it's usually not long.
Enjoy, Joe L

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is one of those very unique little diners that has it all!! They serve breakfast all day (and night). It definitely should be on your list of places to eat!!!!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

WOW! If not the best American Diner, one of the top 5. Food is GREAT, OK not a 5 star, but if your looking for some GREAT comfort food, and am American All Star Diner, you can't miss with our own HOMETOWN Red Arrow Diner.