“Surprise (In a good way)”
Review of El Jimador

El Jimador
Ranked #89 of 408 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Another great Mexican restaurant in southern New Hampshire! This place is in an unassuming strip mall near the mall. Everything seems to be a little better than the other Mexican restaurants around. The beans and rice taste like they were just made for us. The pork dish was amazing. The service was fantastic. We each enjoyed a margarita. I have mine with salt, my wife without. We decided to split one and the glass came out with salt on one side-no salt on the other! Cute touch. If you like real Mexican-give this place a try.

There are newer reviews for El Jimador

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I am a Mexican and more of a Tex-Mex kind of person. I walked in to a great atmosphere with minimal art on the walls and outstanding upbeat music playing. They brought out the chips and salsa. The chips were warm and just made but the salsa was more of a slurry mixture than salsa. I like both fresh chunky veggies mixed in with the slurry. I ordered enchiladas and my spouse ordered fajitas. The fajitas came out steaming and sizzling hot but the enchiladas were cold and very bland. I shared a taste of my enchiladas and was given the same review. They were cold, underwhelming, and so much more could have been done with them to spice them up more. The re-fried beans seemed like they just came from the refrigerator and not heated at all. The Spanish rice was really white rice with a very weak tomato sauce mixed in. I have been looking for a Mexican restaurant to call my second home because it is one thing that I cannot cook well. The enchiladas were very good... it is hard to mess those up. They could have used a little more seasoning but still very good.This restaurant like the other four Mexican or Tex-Mex restaurants in Manchester area fell very short of the good food that I am used to. I was very disappointed and very sad to have wasted my time and money here; I will not be returning.

3  Thank JonathanP5
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Decided to try this restaurant because it advertises in local monthly ad supplement. found it located in a storefront tiny strip mall. I was one of maybe three customers when I arrived. Decor was a little ambitious with lots of high-back booths. Served promptly. Greeted with fresh house made salsa and chips. I ordered a chimichanga dinner. Food was delicious. Exceeded my expectations completely. Entree was served with homemade quacamloe. I will definitely return to this hidden gem. Restaurant was almost full when I left.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Visited after a couple of friends referred us there for their great margaritas....the food was authentic, delightful, plentiful. The service was attentive, pleasant, and quick. All the servers seemed to work together which was quite nice. The interior is rather small but decorated nicely and very clean. We will be back!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Excellent molcajete! My husband & I shared this mixed molcajete and had enough for another meal. It was just like being back in Mexico. Will be back!

Been to El Jimador? Share your experiences!