“Warm Atmosphere and Fabulous Food”
Review of The Rouge Grill - CLOSED

The Rouge Grill
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Auburn, New Hampshire, United States
“Warm Atmosphere and Fabulous Food”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Some would say the decor is "chick"-centric. To my eye it was tasteful, very welcoming and warm. My dining partner and I were immediately struck with the unusual menu items. We both had difficulty making up our minds. We opted to share two appetizers - the Ahi Tuna Wontons, and the Carpaccio Beet Salad.

Yes the beets are canned; however the baby arugula and gorgonzola dressing made a great salad.

The Ahi Tuna wontons were like nothing either of us had ever had. Twelve wontons arranged in a grid on a square plate, each piled with sauteed kimchi, seaweed salad, and really fresh sushi-grade Ahi tuna. The entire plate was artfully drizzled with a perfectly balanced wasabi mayonnaise.

For entrees, we selected the Vietnamese Steak Sandwich and the Costa Rican Fish Tacos. The marinated and grilled sirloin steak is served in a baguette with fresh crispy vegetables and a low-fat Asian mayonnaise. The steak was done just right and the combination of ingredients made a very nice entree.

Three Fish Tacos were stuffed with lightly fried haddock, greens, pico de gallo, and a creole tartar sauce. The fish was very light, and the tartar sauce was excellent. This was not something I would usually pick for lunch, but I was not disappointed.

The service was great. Since the restaurant had only been open for two weeks when we visited, and our server had only started three days prior, we half-expected some kind of glitch. The staff is professional and obviously well-trained, and the kitchen knows what they are doing. Overall we were very pleased with an excellent meal at a very reasonable price.

• Visited December 2012

Litchfield Co CT
“Outstanding experience”
Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

We went in for a business dinner last night and were so impressed, the service, the decor WOW the food was great, they have everything from Asian inspired to fish and chips, certainly something for everyone, I had such a great cocktail Absolut Vanilla and Kahlua , I am looking forward to going back