“A Welcome Addition to Manchester, NH” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Kosciuszko St
Tucson, Arizona
“A Welcome Addition to Manchester, NH”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We finally had the time to head up to Manchester to try out the new restaurant owned by one of the group that owns Saffron Bistro in Nashua, NH. It was well worth the trip. The place offers a very intimate setting, attentive staff and food that was out of the ordinary and tasted awesome. Located where Roberts used to be, Eleven 11 has a wonderful wine list in addition to the scrumptious food. Parking is always a challenge right off of Elm Street so maybe someday they’ll have valet parking. We have been looking for a "special occasion" place since the demise of Baldwin's and from what we experience last week, Eleven 11 is on its way to stardom.

Bedford, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A bit pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Most of the food was good, service was slow but very friendly, drinks very good.
Need to fine tune there operation. Not a place to go if you have to leave by a certain time.
Would go back for the drinks but not for dinner on the weekend.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Fast becomming our favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

My Wife and I are quickly becoming fans of 11 Eleven Bistro. We loved the place when it was Richard’s Bistro and then cooled off on it when it became 36 Deluxe but now it seems the Richard’s Bistro quality experience has returned. The restaurant is not huge and it now has a nice wrap around bar looking into the small but open kitchen. This was out third visit when we went on Valentine’s Day. We did call and get a reservation for 6 p.m. and I am glad we did as the restaurant was banged out by the time we left. They had a bunch of specials for Valentine’s Day along with their usual menu. First we started with our customary cosmopolitan martini. I am seriously starting to believe that this is the best martini in the area and a generous size too.

For the food I started with the beef crostini’s from the regular menu, the horseradish aioli really complemented the three perfectly cooked pieces of filet beef on top of a very tasty bread slices. This was a very good dish. My Wife ordered the Caramelized Scallops with Maple Bacon Jam, again from the regular menu, and she said that the scallops were nice and creamy in texture and the watercress salad underneath was a perfect contrast to the maple bacon jam. Very good indeed. The main course was even better. I had the Berkshire Pork Tenderloin (medium). It was not your stereo typical shaped pork tenderloin it was like a good chunk of fine meat and it was cooked perfectly and oh so tender. It was accompanied by Pan roasted, sweet potato & celery root gratin with chipotle orange glaze. I was a little nervous ordering at first due to not liking overly sweet side dishes with meat but I should not have worried in the least. It was really good and complimented the fine piece of pork. My wife went with the special which was the Filet Mignon Oscar which was a filet topped with crab accompanied by asparagus and a red wine syrup. Yet again the beef was cooked perfectly medium-rare and she kept going on and on about how all the flavors melded together to make a very enjoyable dish. She doesn’t usually finish her main courses but this plate was clean.

We had no room for desert but the desert menu did look good too.

The wine list is impressive with a wide selection of very good wines both white and red. They have a long list of specialty drinks too that are available. The staff were very friendly and attentive, our water glasses were never empty and they were always around if we had questions. The chef seems to make a point of visiting tables and he even was cleaning them off and setting new ones up to help the wait staff who were very busy with the crowd.

The only negatives I have are that the complimentary bread is not up to standard. I suppose we were spoiled with Richard’s because their bread basket was always a spectacular array of rolls and breads. We had two soft mushy floury rolls that were tasteless. It would have been better not to have been given them in the first place. The other slight negative was that they did get a little backed up in the kitchen and we did have to wait a little longer than usual for our entrees but we really didn’t mind it was Valentine’s Day after all. It was understandable why they got backed up as it seemed a lot of folks all showed up at the same time taking the place from a quarter full to totally full in the span of ten minutes.

This is becoming our favorite establishment in Manchester. I can’t wait to go back.

One last thing, their WEB site has their address as 36 Lowell Road; it is actually 36 Lowell Street.

2 Thank nh
Londonderry, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food in an Intimate Setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a delicious dinner at 11 Eleven Bistro. We started with the Crispy Calamari, which was probably the best Calamari we have ever had. It was fresh, lightly fried and the perfect texture. The red chili aioli it is served with, is the ideal dip for this appetizer. My husband had the Pork Tenderloin and I had the Roasted Duck Breast. Both of our entrees were cooked to perfection and of such a tender quality. We shared the Eggnog Creme Brulee for dessert, which was a heavenly treat to end our meal.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank NHMOM3GIRLS
Chicago, Il
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Brought a group of ten for a working business dinner. Made reservations day of and we were seated when we walked through the door. Very nice atmosphere and very accommodating. This place is clearly owned by some serious foodie's. Food was excellent and varied. Reasonable prices and excellent service. A little slow perhaps but I would attribute that to the attention to detail. We were seated in a semi private room. They turned down the heat and the music at our request. Overall I would highly recommend 11 Eleven Bistro.

• Visited January 2013