“Not Impressed”

Cuisines: Mexican
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

First off, the service is SLOOOOOOWWWWW. So if you are in a hurry, don't bother going there. We were in no hurry, but waiting for even for a glass of water was interminable.

The food was average. We ordered the a smattering of various Rincon tacos, tamales, and enchiladas. They were served on chipped plates!

Don't order a milkshake. Basically you get frothy milk.

We had to go up to the counter to pay, b/c our server never came to get our money!!!!

• Visited July 2013

Key Largo, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A hidden gem in the middle of the city”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

What a pleasant surprise! El Rincon is a small family run restaurant near the Radisson hotel, where we were staying. We came near closing and were the only ones there but were made to feel very welcome and not rushed. The waitress was so patient. With so many great things on the menu we had a hard time deciding. She was helpful and offered her suggestions of her favorite dishes, the pork tacos and tostadas. She explained how the pork is cooked differently there than other places. I didn't follow the process she described very well but it seemed like the pork is cooked on a vertical spit with pineapple on top so the juice runs over the pork. However it was cooked it was delicious! Normally I don't order pork because you never know what you're going to get. But in this case it was more than I ever imagined. Moist, slightly sweet and just a hint of heat, yummy! (Wish I would have remembered to take a photo of our meals) The homemade tortillas are also fabulous. And unbelievably the tacos were just $3.00 each.

The owner/chef also very attentive and came out to ask us how we were enjoying our meals. We got to talking and she made mention of the fact the decor is not fancy and she thinks it may put some people off. She explained they aren't rich and prefer to put money into quality ingredients. Good for her! No matter, the place is clean and the quality of the food and service more than make up for the modest surroundings. I'd be a regular at El Rincon if I lived in Manchester, NH.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank ReviewsFromTheKeys
NH
“Love El Rincon!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We've made weekly visits to El Rincon since just after they opened.

We have NEVER had a bad meal and will continue to visit on a regular basis.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank SkyZNH
New Hampshire
“Most authentic Mexican in Manchester!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stopped into El Rincon to celebrate a great day with some hopefully delicious Mexican food. I'd been hearing around town that this place was the most authentic, and it didn't disappoint.

Service was fair, food was delicious. I especially enjoyed the handmade corn tortillas, spicy red salsa, and refried beans. Wasn't a huge fan of the green salsa they serve with the nachos...but you can tell the nachos are made on site.

Without question, more authentic than any other Mexican I've gotten in New Hampshire. I've been to California and Mexico multiple times, fyi.

Don't expect amazing service.

• Visited February 2013
No. Virginia
“Try it, you'll like it”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Manchester, NH is not exactly famous for great Mexican food. El Rincon is a little family hole-in-the-wall place that offers great homey Mexican food. We dropped in for a brunch and it was really a great experience. We ordered two of the breakfasts and the waitress apologized--they did not have the ingredients for those dishes. So we asked, well, what can you make for us? And she went off to the kitchen to consult the cook (who I think was her sister) and came back with a couple of suggestions, which we ordered. And, oh, man, it was good. Eggs and cheese and jalapenos and I don't know what else, but I'd definitely go back for more. So, not too organized, it ain't Chipotle's, but let them cook for you. So much better than any Mexican chain. If you live in Machester, go, eat, support your local authentic Mexican.

• Visited October 2012