“Five (*****) Star Beer Selection, Three (***) Star Food, Four (****) Star Service”

British Beer Company
Reserve with OpenTable
British Beer Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 412 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Your local British pub with an American address!
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I went to this restaurant wanting it to be fantastic. As an 'enjoyer' of specialty beers, I was really looking forward to it.

We got there around 5:30 on Monday with call ahead seating already in place. Ended up waiting about 15 minutes but that wasn't a problem. Really tough for a restaurant to predict turnover. Limited space to stand and wait. If we were sans-child we could have waited at the bar. British Beer was surprisingly busy for a Monday night.

The server was very nice and helpful. Offered beer selection options for my wife and brought small samples to try before she settled on one. Kids menu is limited but it's consistent with any other restaurant not name IHOP or Denny's.

My meal was the steak tips done medium. They were adequately cooked but the meat was tough. Steak tip flavor okay with nothing to separate itself from other restaurants. Came with "panko garlic green beans" and cheddar mashed potatoes. Both tasted great. If you're watching your diet beware: the green beans are deep fried (but tasted great!!).
My wife's Cranberry Stilton Stuffed Chicken was disappointing to her.

The beer selection is fantastic. I studied the choices on the web site beforehand. Great they offer free samples before you make your selection.

Overall: we'll definitely go back but we'll stick to a beer-and-burger meal.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I went with a friend who was celebrating his birthday, there is a definite British pub-meets-sports bar vibe here, and with that the place is pretty loud, there were two TVs that I saw(there's probably more, but I didn't see any) with quite a few people waiting for tables, so if you are into a more intimate experience, this would not be the place for you. However, the food is pretty good for such an establishment, I had the fish and chips with a side salad-the fish is huge! My friend had the BBC Burger, and that was pretty huge too. This used to be a Chili's, and the dark paneled wood was a carryover from that. Most entrees run about 11-20 dollars, and there's at least 50 or so kinds of beer that I saw, but I didn't imbibe since I was driving, and sorry I can't comment on the dessert since neither of us had room for it! All in all though I'd definitely go back.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have eaten here at least 10 occasions alone and with family. The service has always been great and we have tried about every entree and loved it. Excellent variety and reasonably priced in a great atmosphere.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is our second visit to this restaurant, both times for dinner in the middle of the week. The restaurant, a former Chili's, has been completely redone with a large rectangular bar, and a mixture of high top tables, regular tables, and booths. The general decor is very British pubby, as one might expect, with lots of dark wood. Both times we have been there, the place was quite crowded. Packed bar, and a queue of people waiting for tables. There is an excellent variety of domestic and imported beers on tap, probably at least 20. The menu has good variety, ranging from the pub food, to pizzas, to salads, to a variety of complete entrees. Both times my wife chose one of the whole grain pizzas. On our first visit I selected the New England Pasty and, on the second, the Chicken Stir Fry special. All of our meals were excellent. Our servers, in both cases, were pleasant and efficient. The only negative, and it is not an insignificant issue, is the noise level. It is so loud that it is almost impossible to conduct a conversation across the table. On both occasions we have sat near the bar. It is possible that booths further away may be quieter although I walked through those areas on the way to the men's room and the ambient noise did not seem much less. The owners really ought to do something about this although, with the restaurant always crowded, they probably don't have much incentive to make any changes.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Never been to Manchester before and this was exactly the place i had in mind to relax. They had a live band going through the night which wasn't too loud and played some good tunes. Also had a large selection of booze to try, I loved my lemonade fruity drink with blueberries at the bottom. my potato skins were average, I was more impressed with the atmosphere and the music!