“Hit or miss...”

British Beer Company
Reserve with OpenTable
British Beer Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 410 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Your local British pub with an American address!
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My husband was reluctant to take me to the BBC because he had been twice before, tried two very different dishes and was less than impressed. He told me that the didn't like he fish n' chips at all, and the macaroni and cheese - not so good. But I still wanted to try it. We went at 1:30 on a Saturday and had to wait 20 min for a table, so they must be doing something right. The onion rings were good and my husband's steak tips were very good. I had a vegetarian wrap and it was good but the white wine sangria was not something I would order again. All and all it seems very hit or miss. Good luck.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Average pub food. Portions large - you can eat a late lunch and be all set for the whole day. Waitress nice. Atmosphere OK. Drink was good. Certainly not a bad place but nothing really stood out. Prices reasonable.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I put off going to the new British Beer Company because I tend to avoid chain restaurants, but I am so glad I decided to check this one out. The atmosphere was very welcoming and pleasant. There were great spaces for larger parties and an attractive center stage bar. I had the best fish and chips that I have had outside of the UK. The batter was perfectly crisp and the onion rings were sweet. The beer menu was vast and prices for wine and beer were very good. I will definitely return.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

In Manchester for business, I stopped by BBC on a Thurs around 6pm. It was wall-to-wall people waiting for a dinner table. Lucky for me, I found a place at the bar. Their Hefeweizen reminded me of Germany. I ordered the chowdered halibut with vegetables and garlic mashed potatoes. It was delicious, so good in fact that i went back Fri night and after much deliberation, ordered the same thing. The bartending staff was attentive and friendly despite the crowds.There were probably 20 various brews on draft.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

If you like an English style Pub with several on Tap favorites from across the pond this is the place to visit. The service was outstanding and the food was better than average. It is quite busy so either get there early (by 4PM) for after 8PM eating at the bar is quite the experience. It was a fun place to visit and have a meal.