“Great value for money”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
London
“Great value for money”
Reviewed July 11, 2006

We stayed here for 2 nights in May. This hotel is not situated in a tourist hotspot. I would imagine it is chosen for its convenience eg. close to the airport and in our case, we stayed here because we were attending a wedding in the area. There is nothing impressive in the decor or service, it is the value for money that is impressive. The rooms are of a fair size with sitting area and kitchenette and very clean and tidy. Being British, we did miss not having a kettle for making tea in the kitchenette - there is a coffeemaker though! We were not aware of any aeroplane noise. There is a tiny gym, a small indoor pool, free internet access (one terminal to be shared, so you may have to wait a bit for it to free up) and it offers a buffet style breakfast, which is adequate, if not a bit chaotic when lots of people arrive at once.

4 Thank MJCB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Reviewed June 18, 2006

I have to say I wish I found this site before I stayed here. I was in Manchester NH checking out hotels (I am on an advance team for a political camp) for people we will be flying into NH to work. Met with several hotels in Manchester but was staying at this one because it was close to the hotel. I was in one morning and out the next.

I had the displeasure of meeting one of the Homewood Suites sales people. She was young, had no experience with people, and looked like her cheerleading skills got her through college. She was interested in my shoes and outfit rather than finding out what my needs were. I thought this hotel would be the one to host our crew but I will not deal with the lack of extended stay group experience they have.

The entire time she kept telling me about the great shopping at the Mall, Tilton NH, and they have no sales tax. Then she quoted the state motto, "You are going to love it here". I was there to work and not shop. After 30 minutes in their lobby I finally asked her if I could see some rooms.

She went to the front desk and got a couple keys. This is how I knew she was new. She said, "I just started a couple weeks ago and they don't trust me with a master key yet." Boy this made me feel warm and fuzzy all over.

We went to the first room and she put the key in without knocking. The door opened and it looked like someone was already in the room. The next room was not even cleaned yet. Then finally the last room the key didn't work. I felt I lost 2 hours of my life I will never get back.

I did stay at the hotel that night and found it to be clean and comfortable but the staff was lack luster. Our crew will be staying at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Merrimack. I found the staff there to be very professional and happy about being there.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 21, 2006

basically you stay in a hotel to sleep. The one thing I didn't get at this hotel was sleep. The hotel is almost right on the runway. Up until 2:00am in the morning planes would land and take off. All the time the windows would shake and rattle. When I complained I was told, "Yeah, we know...."

I guess beauty is only skin deep. Looks great if you want to just hang out, but if you want to sleep... check into another hotel. I slept for all of 2 hours, my flight left Manchester at 6:00am.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 13, 2005

We had a brief stay at the Homewood Suites the night before an early morning flight. The location is great. Near the mall, restaurants, and right on the airport perimeter. I didn't notice any airplane noise either. The room was nicely appointed. We had a 2-bedroom suite with a king-size bed in each room. The bathrooms were large and clean. The kitchenette featured wood-laminate floors and granite countertops. The only problems were the alarm clock, which apparently could not be set to the correct time without a screwdriver (?) and the fact that we could hear the footsteps of the people above us. When we finally turned lights out to sleep, we could hear a man's loud voice coming from an adjacent room. Our complaint to the front desk didn't resolve the issue. We eventually figured out that we could run the A/C fan continuously, which drowned out the noise so we could sleep. Other than the noise and the weird alarm clocks, our stay was quite comfortable. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Diego, CA
Reviewed August 27, 2005

We had a terrific stay. The rooms are huge, and very clean. I would definately recommend a stay here, especially if you're looking for an all suite hotel. Super close to the airport, but we didn't have any noise from it. We will stay here next time we visit.

• Stayed August 2005
6 Thank aross59358
Reviewed August 14, 2005

This hotel is very clean and comfortable. It's only a 3 minute drive to the airport.

• Stayed August 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 20, 2004

Stayed here one night before an early flight. Very clean and comfortable, and easy access to the airport the next morning. There was free high-speed internet, which was not advertised. The only downside was the noise of jet engines, but this may be true for all hotels nearby.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member