“Clean hotel, great value”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester/Airport
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Derry, New Hampshire
“Clean hotel, great value”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I only stayed one night, but would definitely recommend this hotel. This hotel is a great value. The lobby is quite nice, with a great fireplace and very nice seating area. The rooms were very nice as well - clean and comfortable. A great place for business travel or to stay with the family. The breakfast was very nice as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ExperienceTheWorld68

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Hopkinton, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The Homewood suites at Manchester Airport is great! The property is conveniently located, clean and efficient. The staff is "unbelievable". A nice hot breakfast and dinner is included in the cost of your stay. They are currently undergoing a renovation to their already comfortable suites. Ample dinning options are close by, as well as the mall, and of course the airport. I would highly recommend the Homewood suites at Manchester airport.

Room Tip: all the rooms area great.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We recently stated at Homewood for an overnight stay and were pleasantly surprised. Rooms were clean and well kept and contemporary and the buffet breakfast was probably one of the best and isn’t JUST all carbs. But even thought that was all great, the young lady with the glasses was super! Her customer service skills made us feel welcome and at home after a long trip. They even allowed me to check in early and had extra pillows etc. just like we asked!! Would go back anytime and it was a great value. We especially enjoyed the salt water pool!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ambrose L
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have Diamond Status with Hilton (of which the Homewood Suites brand is a part) and have stayed at many other Homewood Suites properties. I have previously stated that I have found Homewood Suites to be the most consistent brand in the Hilton portfolio.

Unfortunately, this property did not meet my expectations.

The location was convenient (it's a few hundred yards from the runway of Manchester Airport, but you can't hear the planes from inside the hotel), parking is adequate and the lobby is clean and updated. Check-in was swift and courteous. There were no upgrades available because the hotel was at capacity. But it was at capacity because one of the floors was closed for renovations. The woman behind the counter informed me that they were doing the renovations on a floor-by-floor basis.

My room was on the fourth floor, which, I was told, had already been updated. When I got to the fourth floor, there was no sign indicating which direction to go for my room number (this is pretty standard), so I had to do some wandering before I found my room.

The room itself, a studio apartment, was freshly renovated and nice. It took me a few days to figure out that the fridge didn't actually work and wasn't chilling my beverages (I was too busy to notice). I never got around to reporting this, so it may very well be something that could have been quickly resolved.

The studio apartment consisted of the typical kitchenette (which was a little smaller than what I've experienced in other Homewood Suites properties), a desk with an office chair, a sofa that presumably folded out into a queen-sized bed, a coffee table, a dresser with a flat-screen TV and a king-sized bed with two night stands.

There was a card with the channel listings, but many of the channels didn't actually come through. Again, I didn't bother reporting this because it didn't really bother me.

The area with the sink and closet (with sliding mirror door) was nice and clean, and it was well stocked with toiletries, hand towels and washcloths.

The room with the toilet and shower stall was peculiar. The shower stall had a swinging door that bashed into the toilet as well as the door to the bathroom (if the bathroom door wasn't either closed tightly or completely open. When you exit the shower, you basically have a small area between the bathroom door and the opened shower stall (which doesn't open all the way because of the toilet) to dry off. The swinging door really needs to be replaced with a sliding door. The current configuration just doesn't make sense. The bathroom did not look as updated as the rest of the room, so it's possible that the bathroom will be renovated later.

The free breakfast was a disappointment in comparison to the offerings at other Homewood Suites that I've visited in the past. As a diabetic, I am generally limited to the meat and egg offerings. The first morning, there were eggs, but they were wrapped in tortillas that I couldn't eat. They did have sausage patties, but they were a bit dried out. On the second and third mornings of my stay, I took a quick look at the breakfast buffet and just skipped it, settling for a protein bar from my briefcase instead.

The staff was friendly and accommodating. On the second day of my visit, I forgot to remove the 'do not disturb' sign from my door, so I didn't get fresh towels. I made a call to the front desk, and fresh towels were delivered to my room within five minutes.

I should probably give this property the benefit of the doubt because they are in a transition state. If I travel to Manchester in the future, I will carefully monitor the reviews on TripAdvisor to see if the problems I've mentioned have been rectified. Otherwise, I will probably choose another property for my next visit to Manchester.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jeff P, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester/Airport, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about my hotel. I appreciate your feedback and understanding while we are under renovation and I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further regarding the items you have mentiond. Lastly, thank you for the comments about the friendly and accommodating staff. That is something that we really pride ourselves on.
Waltham MA
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I've been staying in Homewood Suites both in Manchester NH, and S Windsor CT, for over 3 yrs off and on. Great staff, feels good when they greet you by name. Continental Breakfast is great and staff is always helpful with even the little things.
Stayed at the Manchester Airport site while it is going through rennovations without being disturbed or inconvenienced in any way. Can't wait for the renovations to be complete so I can come back and stay again.

Room Tip: Choose the SUITE option - with the full size refrigerator, and cooking stove. Save yourself expense...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Lovely room; very courteous staff (housekeeping, front desk, breakfast waitresses, and even the maintenance/handyman). Very close to airport with great view of the runways if you are on the backside. However, quiet - only hear some aircraft if you are awake and in a quiet room... they won't wake you up ! Newly renovated rooms - they were doing the complete 4th floor while we were there. Our room on the 3rd was already done - beautiful carpets and new furniture. Great value !!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have been staying at the Homewood Suites in Manchester NH every week for 6 months while traveling for work. The Staff is outstanding. They are very friendly and are they go the extra mile to make you feel at home. From the time that you check in with Linda or one of the other great employees or managers, to your morning breakfast with Rita, to the time you leave Candy or Tracy in the dining area at night they make you feel like you belong here. The managers are all very responsive and profesional. The hotel is currently (March 2013) undergoing renovations. They are renovating one floor at a time so you rarley see the work crews. The rooms are quiet and clean. Thank you to the Homewood Suites staff for making me feel welcome in my home away from home.