“Poor maintenance and woeful customer service” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester/Airport

Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester/Airport
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Novato, California
“Poor maintenance and woeful customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2011

Checked in late; no signs on rear entrance indicating that not all walkways lead to front--some lead to unlit dead end. Shower door shattered when touched, spilling glass shards everywhere. In second room, note to housekeeping to clean sticky table was followed by voicemail from front desk indicating that table had been recently painted and should be allowed to dry. If wet paint an issue, why was table still in room? Why was room used? Gave list of this and other issues to desk staff on exit and was told there would be follow-up from management; no followup efforts have been made as of one week later.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JFM99
HWS03103, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester/Airport, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of the issues you had while staying with us. I am very sorry that we failed to exceed your expectations.

I am not sure what went wrong with shower door I assure you that has never happened before and I am very sorry that it happened to you.

Our maintenance department touches up our furniture to keep it in good condition. I will discuss this matter with them so we are certain the surfaces are dry before putting the Suite back in service.

Nicole Warren

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2011

We stayed at this hotel in a 2rm suite for one night. Simply put this is the best hotel our family has every visited.

The check in process was simple, and the staff very friendly. We had some packages delivered to the hotel, and they were waiting for us with no issues.

The room was spacious, and very clean. Each bed was very comfortable, with ample blankets and pillows. We had no issues at all with noise. Both bathroom were spotless, with all fixtures fully functional. You don't realize just how much time having two bathrooms can save each day until you have them.

The living/dining area was spotless as well. As far as we tried, all the appliance were functional (we sadly weren't long enough to try the dishwasher!) The cupboards were well stocked with clean cutlery, dishes, and a few pots and pans, for those interested in a longer stay.

The complementary breakfast was good, comparably to what is offered at other Hilton properties.. There isn't much else immediately near the hotel, but there are many dining options a short drive away.

The only real downsides is that the property is slightly out of the way, and parking is less then ideal (i.e. we couldn't park anywhere we could see our car from the room, but it's really a non-issue considering the area).

We have made it a point to look at Hilton family properties first, after several good experiences. We really appreciate the small things, like coffee and snacks in the lobby all the time, the bag of microwave popcorn in our room, and the board games/ sports equipment they will lend you. This stay has reinforced that choice, and we would stay again in a heartbeat.

The 2 room suite at only $120 was incredible value for us. We would even consider staying here during our next trip to Boston, and commuting into the city.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mabba18
HWS03103, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester/Airport, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this wonderful review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us in one of our two bedroom suites.

I understand we are a short mile distance from shopping and dining. We do have a complimentary 24 hour shuttle that will drive you to and from for convenience.

Next time you come to visit us hopefully you will be able to stay longer and enjoy all the amenities of our full kicthens, including the dishwasher!

Delray Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2011

We just attended a conference in Manchester and chose to stay at the Homewood Suites, just like we did several years ago. We had a two bedroom, 2 bath suite. The room was clean, set up well and more than enough space for 4 people. Very good breakfast and value!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank maineartscamp
HWS03103, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester/Airport, responded to this review, April 8, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send in your feedback as well as for your kind words! I am so happy that you had a pleasant stay and that you found our 2 bedroom suite clean and comfortable.

We have been trying new items for breakfast, it is nice to know that you enjoyed it.

Please come back and visit us again soon.

West Friendship, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2011

My family stays at this hotel once or twice a year, usually for two weeks at a time to visit family. We have two dogs and a cat, so we need a lot of room without having to break the bank. Homewood Suites Manchester Airport fits the bill nicely. We take full advantage of the free breakfast--I love the make-it-yourself waffles--and the free dinners during the week. They save us a lot of money on food. We have gotten to know the staff over the years. They are friendly and very, very helpful, especially accommodating us in terms of getting our room cleaned on our schedule, rather than theirs. Also, I don't know how they built the hotel, but I have never had a problem with jet noise. MHT has become a very busy airport, with passenger flights during the day and early evening and cargo flights at night. If you're at all into watching planes take off and land, you won't be disappointed with the view from outside the hotel, and when you want it quiet, just step inside. Rooms are clean and the furnishings are kept in good conditions. They upgraded the TVs to flat screens the last time we were there, which was a welcomed addition.

• Stayed September 2010
2 Thank Nodamidis
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2010

I read many great reviews on Tripadvisor and decided to stay at this hotel because it was ranked No.1, as you know of course.

My flight from NYC was a little early arrival to Manchester Airport but tried to check in anyway at the hotel. The guy at the front desk told me to come back at noon because the room was not ready. So far understandable because it was not check-in time yet, right? I came back again at noon but he told me again that it won't be ready for another couple of hours or so....Why did he need to tell me to come back at noon if they can't keep the promise??

The front guy also told me (rudely I took) that my room needs to be a "smoking-room" this time (does Hilton really need to have these kind of rooms today??) because a lot of Diamond or Gold Hhonor members who are checking in today need non-smoking rooms and the only room available (for a guy like me who is a Blue member) is (cancerous) smoking room...Give me a break!

After all, he apologized to me but I quickly cancelled my cancerous room at Homewood and went into Spring Hill right across the street. The 2 young ladies at the front desk of Spring Hill were very friendly and provided me rooms promptly..."non-smoking" of course because they don't have any smoking rooms.

Maybe it is just one of those things that happen to you unluckly. But from my standpoint, Homewood needs to do the better and "professional" jobs to any clients no matter what their HHonor membership status are.

If you do not want to mess around with these unexpected crazy things w/ hotel in Manchester, I would highly recommend Spring Hill, but definitely NOT Homewood across the street. The decision is up to you, of course.

Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank purusan
HWS03103, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester/Airport, responded to this review, November 23, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your recent experience with us. We take all guest feedback, good and bad, and use them to better our services and property.

I want to apologize for the extreme inconvenience you had while attempting to stay with us and, I am saddened to hear that we failed to exceed your expectations. Please know that this is not the rule, rather the exception of the type of service we wish to give all of our valued guests.

I will be addressing this matter to ensure that this lack of service does not happen again.

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2010

Stayed for one night before flying early morning to Chicago, ideal for this purpose rooms have lounge,bedroom and full kitchen. Food supplies can be ordered and delivered so you can prepare your own meals if needed. Small shop has essentials and snack food. Free breakfast, good choice, simple food, adequate. Evenings they have a free light meal available also. Shuttle bus to airport for departure and return, we parked cars there for 4 days, saving on airport parking charges and far more convienient using the shuttle from door to door. Worked well for us, would use again for sure.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Thomasville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2010

The shuttle driver actually recognized me when he picked me up from the airport. I loved the hotel breakfast and the toiletries were fantastic!

Stayed September 2010, traveled on business