“Excellent Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Wilkes-Barre, PA
“Excellent Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2007

This is a very nice suite hotel next to the Manchester Airport. Although our room overlooked the airport, we couldn't hear it when the windows were closed.

The hotel is decorated in airplane pictures from the 30's and 40's. The bed was extremely comfortable. The hotel offered a very nice continental breakfast, with fruits and pastries, as well as a different hot breakfst meal each morning. They also had waffles, which you would make yourself, every morning.

If you're not looking for a fancy, full-service hotel, this hotel works just fine.

• Liked — The entire hotel
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2007

We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Manchester for only one night prior to an early 6 a.m. flight. The hotel was very nice looking and comfortable. We booked a studio suite, and I wasn't expecting much but it was spectacular. Adequate for on-the-go travelers. We had a kitchen (small, but great!) and a small living area, bed area and bathroom. The room was beautiful and very comfortable. Nice granite countertops everwhere, nice furnishings and all. The internet in the room was great for my other half who is obsessed with sports, though at time it was lagging for some reason. They had a great little basketball court which is great but by the time we got back from dinner it was too dark to play. Although at check in we didn't get much direction and went a round-about way to get to our room, it was fine. We are young and we can use the exercise =:)
The hot tub was great but the pool seems a bit small for the Hotel size but is still great, I do suppose they don't get all too many families there so perhaps the size is adequate.
The shuttle in the morning was great, and the location is perfect for the airport. The milano cookies and water were a nice welcome as well.
Overall, highly recommended for an airport hotel!

Stayed September 2007
Bradenton, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2007

This is a nice Homewood Suites very close to the airport. There is a free shuttle to the terminal.

Our room was quiet, clean and comfortable.

There was one big problem: Compared to other Homewood Suites, this one's breakfast was terrible. Inedible. Served on cheap paper plates. By a disappearing staff (saw them look right at dirty abandoned tables and do nothing to clean it up).

Be aware that your best breakfast will probably be found in the nearby airline terminal.

• Liked — Less than three minutes from airline terminal
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BarefootTom
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2006

I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions and always get treated well and have a wonderful stay.

The suites are very spacious and well appointed. The kitchenette has granite countertops and tile floors in the bathroom. The breakfasts are adequate with different choices on each morning.

The sound proof quality of the walls sets this hotel apart from others in the area. I have stayed at the two different Marriott Suite hotels as well as what is now the Holiday Inn. The other hotels left a lot to be desired with noise control.

The Marriott hotels also tend to receive the Hockey / soccer competition families. Not exactly peaceful stays. The Homewood, a Hilton Hotel, does not get those guests, but online pricing for rooms is the same as the Marriott and sometimes cheaper.

You can't go wrong with this hotel. Friendly staff, clean large suites an overall great experience.

• Liked — Large suite with great service
  • Disliked — No tub in the room, only shower
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank RBR1966
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2006

We stayed here for 2 nights in May. This hotel is not situated in a tourist hotspot. I would imagine it is chosen for its convenience eg. close to the airport and in our case, we stayed here because we were attending a wedding in the area. There is nothing impressive in the decor or service, it is the value for money that is impressive. The rooms are of a fair size with sitting area and kitchenette and very clean and tidy. Being British, we did miss not having a kettle for making tea in the kitchenette - there is a coffeemaker though! We were not aware of any aeroplane noise. There is a tiny gym, a small indoor pool, free internet access (one terminal to be shared, so you may have to wait a bit for it to free up) and it offers a buffet style breakfast, which is adequate, if not a bit chaotic when lots of people arrive at once.

4 Thank MJCB
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2006

I have to say I wish I found this site before I stayed here. I was in Manchester NH checking out hotels (I am on an advance team for a political camp) for people we will be flying into NH to work. Met with several hotels in Manchester but was staying at this one because it was close to the hotel. I was in one morning and out the next.

I had the displeasure of meeting one of the Homewood Suites sales people. She was young, had no experience with people, and looked like her cheerleading skills got her through college. She was interested in my shoes and outfit rather than finding out what my needs were. I thought this hotel would be the one to host our crew but I will not deal with the lack of extended stay group experience they have.

The entire time she kept telling me about the great shopping at the Mall, Tilton NH, and they have no sales tax. Then she quoted the state motto, "You are going to love it here". I was there to work and not shop. After 30 minutes in their lobby I finally asked her if I could see some rooms.

She went to the front desk and got a couple keys. This is how I knew she was new. She said, "I just started a couple weeks ago and they don't trust me with a master key yet." Boy this made me feel warm and fuzzy all over.

We went to the first room and she put the key in without knocking. The door opened and it looked like someone was already in the room. The next room was not even cleaned yet. Then finally the last room the key didn't work. I felt I lost 2 hours of my life I will never get back.

I did stay at the hotel that night and found it to be clean and comfortable but the staff was lack luster. Our crew will be staying at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Merrimack. I found the staff there to be very professional and happy about being there.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2006

basically you stay in a hotel to sleep. The one thing I didn't get at this hotel was sleep. The hotel is almost right on the runway. Up until 2:00am in the morning planes would land and take off. All the time the windows would shake and rattle. When I complained I was told, "Yeah, we know...."

I guess beauty is only skin deep. Looks great if you want to just hang out, but if you want to sleep... check into another hotel. I slept for all of 2 hours, my flight left Manchester at 6:00am.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business