“Was happy and well cared for”

Holiday Inn Manchester Airport
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
A TripAdvisor Member
“Was happy and well cared for”
Reviewed April 29, 2004

Got a great rate on the internet, almost 1/2 rack rate. I was picked up by hotel shuttle within 10 minutes of calling at airport. On the way to check in asked if driver could stop at dunkin doughnuts (sorry had not been to DD in years, and it was cold) across street before arriving at hotel. Driver very friendly - hotel looked deserted - I was on an earlier flight than projected and arrived hours before normal check-in - Front desk said no problem and accomadated me with out extra charge. Pool and fitness area very clean. Wanted a nice meal for dinner - shuttle was provided and taken to just what i was looking for. I travel all over the world - was not looking for 5 daimond hotel in Manchester, but I got a newer hotel - very clean - well stocked - very friendly service - and hotel staff that exceeded my expectations - would not hesitate to stay again.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Reviewed March 2, 2004

The hotel is close to the airport, shopping, and restaurants. The rooms are spacious and clean. Unlike another reviewer, we did not find a shortage of supplies in our room, although we would agree with him/her that the front desk seemed disorganized. The worst thing about this hotel for us was the breakfast. For the money, it is a nice place.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 2, 2004

Manager checked me in and left voicemail before I got to my room stating "hope everything is okay". There was a second message left the following day for me to call him back. I did not return the call expecting it to be another "hope you're happy" message. The next day, he called me in my room around 8:30 and was annoyed that I had not returned his call and stated they must get into my room to clean it. I had left a note not to clean my room until after I checked out. I do this everywhere I go all across the US and have never had a problem.
(Why waste time and resources when a room-cleaning is not necessary for just 1 person staying in the room?) He instructed me that I am a guest of their property and have to follow their policies and they require a daily room cleaning (whether I like it or not). I told him I would take this up with the company President and he said the President was just there and saw my note on my room door and was upset that I didn't want my room cleaned. I told the manager to just check me out and I would go elsewhere. Before I could get my bags packed, the manager was knocking at my room door. I would not let him in and he said he just did not want me to leave unhappy. I told him "too late - I'm already aggravated - leave me alone until I can get out of here". He left. I tried to report this to Expedia where the reservations were made but . . . . so please be advised: THERE'S SOMETHING WEIRD GOING ON IN THIS HOTEL. The management obviously has the policy "my way or the highway". I took the highway.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
West Chazy, New York
Reviewed February 23, 2004

I was really excited to stay here and just as glad to leave. We were greeted by a quite disorganized and unfriendly desk clerk. I asked very specific question to later find out his answer was inadequate; which disappointed us because we definitely would have arranged things differently. Our room was left with 2 half rolls of toilet paper for a 3 night stay and the pool area was messy and had no towels. The hotel itsself is not bad but it also isn't worth the price we paid for it. I had better service recently at a Baymont that we paid $30.00 a night for and rooms that were just as nice. Also, if you do stay here, don't use the phones. One call cost me $25.00

8 Thank Kendra F
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed September 6, 2003

Brand new; Coffee, cookies, fruit 24/7; Cont BF. Best of all was desk service --very accom and friendly. Highly recommended & would stay again. Gives a discount on e-mail reservations. Car rental from hotel available.

8 Thank sally s