“Going to the Races”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
“Going to the Races”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

What can I say, the Hotel is very clean and they have great rates with being so close to the ocean, the track and the shopping for the girls. The staff was so nice and helpful. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Good location, close to interstate and local restaurants
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Location certainly is one of the best features about the Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport. We are not only close to the beach, but less than 10 minutes from the airport. We are short drive to the White Mountains too! I am glad that you got to enjoy our hotel and certainly will share you review with the team. We hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Jaffrey, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We normally stay at the Holiday Inn Express when flying out of Manchester Airport. The price is right, the location ideal, and the breakfast is good and plentiful. We've stayed there three or four times and have never been disappointed. If you are looking for really upscale, you should look somewhere else. However, here the rooms are clean and the service excellent. Recommended for air travelers in and out of MHT.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We are always happy to provide a clean room and a happy face for all our guests. We value your patronage to our hotel and cannot wait to serve you again. I want to also thank you for taking the time to review us too as we understand the time it takes to do so. Thank you for staying at our hotel we hope to see you soon!
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Reviewed July 20, 2013

There's a Seinfeld episode in which Jerry explains to a rental car clerk that the key part of the reservation process is actually having a car for the customer. The staff at this hotel needs to be reminded that the most important part of a room reservation is actually having a room for the customer.

I travel a fair amount on business and I think I have the reserving a room protocol down-- you let the hotel know if you are going arrive late and secure the room with a credit card. I did this as a I booked a room directly with this hotel.

When I arrived and the Manchester Airport around midnight and called to get shuttled in, I was told they were booked up and did not have a room for me. At first I was informed that they didn't have record of my reservation, but when I gave them my confirmation number the story changed to that while they did have a reservation, it had been cancelled. No satisfactory explanation as to why was offered.

In fairness I need to mention that they did get me a room at another property they own in Manchester, but this was a less than optimal solution as I had given the Holiday Inn Express address to my office for some last minute mailings and arranged to be picked up there for some early appointments the next day. And the substitute hotel did not offer all amenities the HIE did.

If you're really counting on having a room when you arrive, as I was, I suggest booking elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank David J
Our hotel strives to be 100% customer service friendly with all our guests. I certainly apologize for not meeting your expectations. I am glad that even though your reservation was not at our hotel that you had a pleasant experience at our other Holiday Inn location. Please feel free to reach out to me, Mark Turgeon, Operations Manager, at 603-669-6800 to discuss this further.
Naugatuck
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed two nights during a dog competition. Staff was friendly & helpful. Breakfast starts at 7am ,which is the same time I needed to be at the dog event. Staff provided breakfast bags filled with pastry/ fruit & coffee /tea was also available to take along. I felt that was very thoughtful.
My room was clean & quite even though it faced the highway. Hotel is within a short drive to the mall & numerous eateries. There's a small gym, pool, & sauna pool available FOR ADULTS !!
My only complaint I have is that the hotel doesn't enforce their pool rules. If the rules state NO CHILDREN UNDER 18 ALLOWED in pool & NO DIVING ALLOWED, then the rules should be followed through. I witnessed two girls under 18 diving in the 5 foot pool! That's dangerous !!
Aside from the pool incident..........I would stay here again. Very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Get 2nd floor room if your a light sleeper. Avoid rooms across pool if hotel doesn't enforce r...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. The breakfast certainly is one of the highlights of staying at our property. I am happy you also got to enjoy the hotel at the facility. We certainly do strive to provide a comfortable environment for all guests. I will pass along your advice regarding the pool rules to my management team. Hope to see you back at our hotel soon on your next trip to Manchester.
Upstate New York
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very pleasant hotel, nice, clean and affordable. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Traveled with a group and they arranged a shuttle to a restaurant so we could all have fun. In a decent, centrally located area. Starbucks, restaurants and mall w/in walking distance. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mark T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for spending the time to write a review. We certainly value your feedback and are happy that you enjoyed our facilities. It is certainly a benefit to be able to suggest local restaurants located only a short distance from us to our guests. We hope to see you soon on your next visit to Manchester.
chesterfield,va
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We had a wonderful stay from the phone call I made from Virginia to make the reservation , to the shuttle that took us back to the airport. We got a terrific govt. rate from Kim, ( front desk staff) for a double bed queen suite. She went out of her way to get us a good rate for the 3 day stay we had June 15-18th. Everyone , including the shuttle drivers, managers, front desk staff, and breakfast workers were friendly, professional, and helpful in every way. The room was clean, large and beds were very comfortable. They had a small indoor pool and hot tub, workout room and business center. While we were there I needed to do laundry so I fully expected to pay to use the machines and buy soap. Not at this hotel. I got into the laundry room and realized that the machines were free, and so was the laundry soap that was attached to the washing machine. Who ever heard of free laundry and soap at a hotel! Another added bonus is the free breakfast which included yogurt, eggs, omelets, sausage or bacon , biscuits and gravy, breads, bagels, pancake machine, juice, coffee, tea , cinnamon buns, etc.

The icing on the cake for us was the free shuttle to and from the airport. We made a reservation for a 4:30 am shuttle. We missed our alarm, do to putting the phone on silent for a graduation the night before . To our surprise we got a phone call from the front desk asking where we were. Thank God , they called us or we would have missed our flight. The desk clerk got us on the next shuttle and assured us things would be ok and they were.

Thanks again for a wonderful stay and great service above and beyond

Room Tip: Ask for a suite. Lots of room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cindyr222
Mark T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I certainly will notify my staff of the great feedback you gave! We all can understand how stressful travel is and how bad life is with all its "time crunches". Understandably we have all been through it, but it is always nice when someone has our back. I hope that we see you at our hotel soon and you have more time to enjoy your morning before your next flight. Kind regards.
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Hello fellow travelers,

I'll make this short and sweet. You know what Holiday Inn Express are about right? Well this particular one was in the higher tier of budget hotel. I got a very clean and nice room for under 100$. It is located next to the highway and a busy boulevard. The Mall of NH is barely a 10 minutes walk and many restaurant to choose from in proximity. Staff was polite and helpful, breakfast was well within par. For those who might enjoy it, there is also a small gym and a nice pool to relax.
You are in the area and usually like HIE??? then go for it!
that's it, that's all folks

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for writing a review of our property. We certainly are located centrally and I am glad you got to take part in our complimentary breakfast. As a hotel, we always strive to offer what all our guests want. I am glad that we met your expectations as a hotel as well as a brand.