“Amazing staff, though bit outdated decor but service and stay impeccable”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Amazing staff, though bit outdated decor but service and stay impeccable”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I booked this as hotel and parking for week before flying on holiday. The reception staff were extremely courteous, professional and smart but access to third floor was bit annoying as lift only went upto 2nd floor and then one had to drag the luggage over the stairs to the 3rd floor. The transfer to airport was smooth but coming back from airport was bit of problem. Overall I would rate this as 5star but the hassle of pushing big bags on the stairs was not only tiring but pain..... but the staff were absolutely amazing....

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
hiexpressnh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Thank you for taking time to share your experiences during your stay. I apologize about the inconvenience you had with our elevator, we did a full inspection and it is fully functional currently. Thank you for spreading kind words about our staff as we work hard to create a world class customer service experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Hatboro, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 8, 2011

This Holiday Inn Express is a place to get a quality stay while on the road for business, youth sporting event, or family event. It is not a "grand hotel" and does not try to be one. What it is, is a comfortable place to stay while away from home.

We stayed 3 nights in June 2011 and found the hotel to be very pleasent. It is conviently located very close to the Mall of New Hampshire as well as a major highway. While there is no restaurant on the premises, there are several very close by - Longhorn, TGIFridays & the 99.

They do serve a free breakfast buffet each morning, and I would rate it above-average. Pancakes, bacon, eggs, biscuits & gravy, as well as muffins & cereal. There is free coffee at all times.

The hotel was clean and the staff pleasant and helpful.

There is an indoor pool & jacuzzi - but we did not use it.

The only problem with the facilities was that the in-room phones did not work - other than that everything was fine.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
hiexpressnh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while in Manchester and we look forward to seeing you soon. We are glad you were able to share your positive experience from our hotel with others. Thank you for letting us know about the telephone in the room as we will work to get it fixed. Thank you again for spreading the good word about our property. Ken Tarara, General Manager
Reviewed March 4, 2011

I am not kidding. This might be the best HIE in the states. I have been staying with HIE cross the country, from New York to San Francisco. But this HIE is beyond any expectation. Room: extremely spacious with all amenities, and beautiful details like classical mirror. Very clean. Staffs: they were very nice. Not only at the front but also cleaning staff. They did say Hello and Goodbye to you. Facilities: indoor swimming pool and a small gym that are enough to keep you fit and in form. But the best things were self-laundry facilities (washer/dryer). Free WiFi. Breakfast: really yummy. I love cinnamon roll, but sausages with hot chile sauce surprised me most. And you have also a lot of fresh fruits. Shuttle: service for about 20 h a day. Indeed, everything was perfect. Thus, 5 points.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed November 8, 2010

My flight arrived 1.5 hours later than the scheduled time after sitting at the gate at the origin and final destinations for extended time. It was well after midnight when I finally got to the hotel and I was exhausted. The kindest woman checked me in, and noting my fatigue was careful to place me in a quiet location. She went out of her way to let me know about local eating establishments that were still open, and even offered to call them and let them know I was coming, if I was hungry. She also made sure that I knew the hours for breakfast, emphasizing that the "closing down time" was a little flexible, if I chose to sleep in. The room was clean, and comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was warm, and offered a lot of variety. This is a great place to stay, and if I fly into Manchester in the future, I will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Tuftonboro, NH
Reviewed October 24, 2010

I stayed there for just one night after a long flight, too late to get picked up. Stayed in the upgraded suite due to Priority Club card level. Room was very spacious, had a fireplace between small living room and bedroom, across from the fireplace was a Jacuzzi, as in the real Jacuzzi brand. What a great way to wind down from a long flight, flicked on the fire, soaked in the jacuzzi. I noted in the morning, on my way to a pretty decent free breakfast, that they also have free laundry, with free soap! I travel a lot, I stay in a lot of hotels of varying prices. This is the first time I have seen free laundry and free laundry soap. These folks aim to please, and I will be returning.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank John R
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed October 14, 2010

We were here over Columbus day weekend for one night and the hotel was very nice. It is right off of highway 93. Although the rate was supposed to be $120 a night, we got a deal from the Top Secret Hotels on Travelocity and only paid $50. There is supposedly a $50 deposit for pets but we were told we only get charged if there are damages and complaints. (We had our dog with us). The room itself was very clean and spacious. There is a free breakfast in the morning, which I thought was slightly better than an average free hotel breakfast. (eggs and bacon as well as organic yogurt, cereal toast, etc). I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Stayed here for two nights while doing some shopping in tax-free New Hampshire. Perfect, clean hotel. Quiet. Very comfy beds!! Great deal from Travelocity's secret hotel - $50CAD. Can't go wrong with this place!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo