“Try the veal veal”

Dining options: Reservations
Sunapee, New Hampshire
“Try the veal veal”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My wife and I started by sharing a Caprese salad which, although it was hinderd by winter tomatoes, was good. It was a unique presentation with cow's milk mozzerala topped with pesto and a dusting of parmesan. Generally we hold out for bufalo mozzerala but this was good.
We both had veal; I enjoyed the veal/eggplant combo and my wife loved the picatta accompanied by a delicious mashed potato combo of golden yukon and yams.
The olive oil for dipping was very good but it should be accompanied by hard crust Italian bread not the bland but fresh bread that was served. The wine selection of mostly Italian was very good. The cost for dinner and wine was very reasonable. Overall it was good enough to try again.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank JoeD1957

Manchester, New Hampshire
“Could be special...”
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Pros-- nice ambience, cozy, reasonably priced, the oil for dipping the bred was excellent, the salads were tasty.
Cons-- the bread served before dinner was ho hum, the time between courses was impressively long, the manicotti was watery.

My dining partners thought their pasta dishes were good not great. Also, we had a Living Social deal which covered a portion of our meal cost. The "fine print" did not say a gratuity would be added nor were we informed of that by the person waiting on us. (There were three of us for dinner and it was a week night.) I almost did not catch that a gratuity of 18% was added which would have resulted in a 38% tip. Quite frankly, the service was just about average so that would have been extreme. I did not tip above the 18% as I thought that adding a gratuity should have been explained or included in the Living Social fine print. I don't think we will return. Too bad as it is very convenient to our home and it would have been lovely to have a really nice neighborhood restaurant.

“Truly a hidden gem.”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My first visit to this new restaurant. Classy without being fancy or pretentious. The wine, appetizers and entrees were all excellent. Even the homemade bleu cheese on the house salad was delicious. And the warm bread was fantastic. The wait staff was ever-present without being overbearing. All in all, this is worth seeking out for a fantastic dinner at very reasonable prices.

3 Thank TheMammal
“Worth a try.”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stopped by at the last minute on a Wednesday night and was pleasantly surprised. The food was very good I tried the veal and it was served to perfection. The service was prompt and attentive. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for good Italian.

3 Thank nhtodd
Hooksett, New Hampshire
“Mmm mmm Marsala!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband and I came to eat on a Friday night. It was busy and we didn’t have any reservations, so we went to the bar and had a few drinks until we were seated. The waitress came over and was very professional. I ended up ordering the pork tenderloin topped with a mixed mushroom marsala demi glaze. It was soo good! It was very flavorful and really went well with the pork. My husband ordered the classic choice of veal parmesan, it was the best he ever had.
Real veal and a delicious marinara with an homemade angel hair pasta.
I would love to come back to this little restaurant. The atmosphere was adorable.
The people friendly service top notch.
I recommend giving this place a try if you’re in the area!

• Visited July 2012