“Great Christmas at the Ash Street Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ash Street Inn

Ash Street Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Manchester B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Christmas at the Ash Street Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2006

My boyfriend and I, who are avid bed and breakfast stayers, stayed at the Ash Street Inn on Christmas Eve and it definitely exceeded my expectations. I grew up in Manchester NH and never even knew this bed and breakfast existed! The location is decent, but not the best (I'm a local and know more about the area than most visitors.) But once you step foot in the door, everything else is forgotten!

First of all, the Inn is gorgeous. It is the perfect picture of New England comfort and charm. Our room was beautiful and the bathroom was HUGE! Everything we could have possibly needed was already in the room.

We went out to a party on Christmas Eve, and when we returned, the Innkeepers had left us a small Christmas gift, which was a very pleasant surprise to say the least. I think that alone speaks to how friendly and accommodating they are. Breakfast the next morning was absolutely delicious with lots of different breakfast foods to choose from. We felt right at home and comfortable as we helped ourselves to coffee and pastries. They even told us to help ourselves to the bottled water in the fridge, which was great for me because I drink a lot of water.

Another great thing about the Inn is that they didn't require a 2-night stay on the weekend. And since we stayed over a holiday, I was certainly expecting a 2-night minimum. But that was not the case! I think the only very minor downfall of our stay was that we could hear all the city traffic, police sirens, etc. during the night. Neither of us slept well because of this. The location of the Inn is pretty much right in the heart of Manchester, and even though its several blocks away from "downtown", the city noises are abundant, day and night.

I forgot to ask the Innkeepers if they offered a AAA discount as I am a member, so I can't say if they'd discount the room for AAA members or not.

So our stay at the Ash Street Inn was excellent. I'd stay again without a second thought. And having stayed at many bed and breakfasts in the New England area, I think we'll find ourselves comparing them all to the Ash Street Inn.

• Stayed December 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2005

My wife and I went to the Ash Street Inn for our anniversary and it was great. Both Darlene and Eric were very hospitable and we felt right at home. The food was plentiful and absolutely delicious-- buttermilk pancakes, egg nog french toast, coffee, scones, pumpkin bread were excellent. The location was fantastic, too. We walked a block over to the Currier Museum and took a tour of the Zimmerman House from there. Dinner at Cotton was also great and everything was include in a package offered by Ash Street. It was a great deal. The accomdations were very nice with all of the amenities provided. Both my wife and I were extremely impressed at all the Inn had to offer. Darlene even sent us off with some coupons for the Kittery outlets. All in all everything was great and we would highly recommend the Inn. Thanks again for making our anniversary so relaxing and fun.

• Stayed November 2005