“Wonderful Stay!! Can't wait to go back!”
Review of Ash Street Inn

Ash Street Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Manchester B&B and Inns
Sloatsburg, NY
“Wonderful Stay!! Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

My husband and I spent a night at the Ash Street Inn back in February. I cannot say enough about our wonderful stay! Eric and his wife were so sweet. Our room was beautiful. Comfy sheets and wonderful towels!! We were the only two at the inn but Eric would have made us anything for breakfast. There were also homemade cookies and scones. A fridge full of beverages and anything else we would want or need. If you are traveling to Manchester the Ash Street Inn is the only place to stay!!

3 Thank HappyDay807

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Hooksett, New Hampshire
Reviewed March 14, 2012

We spent a week at the Ash Street Inn during February and we cannot say enough great things about the service, the room, the food, and the hospitality that we received while there. Eric is an amazing innkeeper and gave us great advice, directions and recommendations every day of our trip! The decor is gorgeous, the atmosphere was inviting and every comfort of home was provided. The B&B has a perfect central location in Manchester and is minutes (walking or riding) from EVERYTHING. The Ash St Inn is perfect for business travelers looking for a great alternative to a noisy hotel, perfect for couples looking for a romantic weekend and would also serve as a good option for families or friends passing through that want a more personal experience.

Room Tip: We loved room number 205, gorgeous decor, very quiet, comfy bed, and lots of great space!
2 Thank tabi2203
MA
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend getaway. The inn is exquisitely decorated and maintained. The rooms are small but beautiful, with comfortable beds and great amenities. Breakfast was cooked to order and was good. There were also cereal, yogurt, coffee and tea choices. The inn is located close to downtown and within walking distance of the Currier Museum.
We found the owners/managers to be efficient but not overly friendly. They pointed us to menus rather than sharing their opinion (or previous guests' opinions) of local restaurant. On our last morning (Sunday), one guest came into the dining room about 10 minutes after 10 AM, apologizing profusely for being late for breakfast. The owner reminded him that breakfast ended at 10 AM - no apology, no offer to make an exception, no softening of the statement by pointing out the cereals/yogurts, etc. I found it to be rather cold.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PattieB
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Warm welcomes from Eric and his wife. A true family business, and passion for their craft. The house is meticulously maintained, the rooms are cozy, and well appointed. The bathrooms were period appropriate. Breakfast was a highlight, prepared by Eric himself. A treat to talk to and share in his culinary delights. A significant step up from the run of the mill accommodations in manchester. This is an experience worth repeating

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Gary L
connecticut
Reviewed February 16, 2012

My husband and I went up to Manchester, NH for a relaxing weekend away. We decided on the Ash Street Inn after reading the reviews here on Tripadvisor. I must say, it was wonderful. Eric is so nice, always ready to help out with ideas for things to do and places to eat. His breakfasts were delicious! Love those blueberry pancakes.

The Inn itself is beautiful and retains most of its architectural charm. We stayed in Room 203, a room with a fireplace on the first floor. We loved relaxing in the room, watching TV or reading a book in front of the cozy fire. The bathroom was huge. The room and the bathroom, as well as all public areas of the Inn, were spotless.

While you are there, be sure to plan a visit to the Currier Museum. It is a short, two block walk from the Inn and was well worth a visit. Also, if you are looking for a very nice restaurant, don't miss Cotton. It was absolutely delicious, and the service was wonderful. Also, a short 30 minute drive from the Inn is the Jewell Towne Vineyard. They had a wine tasting that we attended and we were pleasantly surprised at how knowledgable and friendly the staff were. We brought home several nice bottles.

If we ever have a reason to return to Manchester, we would not stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: If you want a room with a fireplace, pick 203. The bathroom was much larger than the bathroom in th...
2 Thank wjsmks
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 14, 2012

The Inn is a wonderful renovated Victorian, well maintained, spotless and charmingly decorated. My room was large and well furnished, with a remote control "coal fireplace" that was terrific in February. Eric met me at the door, showed me around, and then let me make the place my own. There was coffee (K-cups!), tea, soft drinks and bottled water at my disposal in an easily accessible dining room. Eric is a terrific baker, and his absolutely incomparable mini scones were laid out for his guests' pleasure (you've got to try the apricot/white chocolate!!!). Early check-in was no problem, and I spent the day in my room doing an intensive study for a gateway exam. My first-floor room was quiet and the neighborhood was quiet, even during the day. No expense has been spared with the Inn's linens and bathroom products (I really wanted to take that terry-lined bathrobe home). At Eric's suggestion, I had a fantastic dinner at a nearby restaurant called Cotton. I slept soundly that night in a truly comfortable bed. And breakfast the next morning (in the dining room - or you could take it to your room) was such a pleasure. All in all, I was sorry I only had one day/night there. The Ash Street Inn makes Manchester, NH a place I would like to visit again. (btw: I passed the exam with flying colors - thanks, Ash Street Inn!).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank lgrant_2011
Austin, Texas
Reviewed January 27, 2012

We stayed at the Ash Street Inn in mid-September. Ash Street Inn was the first and last stop on our two week trip through the Northeast, and it was by far our favorite B&B. The Inn was the perfect mix of friendly service, clean and elegant rooms, and fantastic shared spaces. Eric's breakfasts were wonderful - his pancakes are worth the stay alone! Baked goods and a Keurig coffee maker were available throughout the day. We loved the Keurig so much, that we purchased one when we got home!

Eric is a wonderful innkeeper. He was friendly and welcoming, but also aware of guests' needs for privacy. He was always ready to visit and provide trip suggestions and local information, but also knew when to step back so we had time to visit as a couple over breakfast. During our travels, we stayed in Room 207 and Room 205 - both rooms were superbly decorated, welcoming, and cozy.

The Ash Street Inn is a delight and would be a welcome destination for both business and vacation travels. We enjoyed our stay at the Ash Street Inn so much, that we are planning to always fly to and from the Manchester Airport, just so we can stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple