“passion for chocolate”

Dancing Lion Chocolate
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Romantic
Description: I first encountered the True Soul of chocolate in 1995. For fifteen years I have sought her subtle nuances, studied her moods, struggled to understand her complex temper. She is a most difficult mistress; coquettish and proud, quick to anger, open only to the most patient of overtures.I’ve learned to prepare her in the ancient ways of the Maya and in the gleaming kitchens of the finest Parisian chocolatiers. I have studied her at ecole Chocolat in Vancouver and at the prestigious Ecole du Grand Chocolat Valrhona in the Rhone Valley of France. I am proud to count among my friends some of the finest chocolatiers from Montreal to Melbourne to Guatemala.Chocolate is my passion. I will never master her–who can master one so willful and tempestuous? But I will continue to woo her and to craft a small bit of her soul into each truffle and bonbon I create.For chocolate is art. And as art she is magnificent.
Manchester, New Hampshire
“passion for chocolate”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I heard about this place on NPR and decided to try it. I work in Manchester, so went at 5:30pm. We were totally blown away by the knowledge and passion of the owner, Richard, about chocolate. The chocolate drinks were excellent--- all flavor with just the right amount of sweetness. I am convinced reagrding chocolate's magical properties on appetite and mood and will continue to try to learn from Richard's amazing knowledge and experience. His Zen brownies were sublime! Thanks!

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank steve s

jmargaux
“Wow!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I'm hoping that they sell their chocolate online because the chocolate I had intended to bring back to my family didn't last long enough to make it out of Manchester.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank jmargaux
Southbury, Connecticut
“chocolate artistry”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

unusual and artistic chocolate creations with flavor surprises in every piece. Try the brownies==== like no other.

Visited October 2012
4 Thank Natascha D
Tampa, Florida
“Chocolate Lovers Paradise”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I stumbled upon this little piece of heaven on a recent trip to Manchester. I was walking downtown and saw the storefront advertising chocolate espresso. I highly recommend you try it. It will be the "best drink you ever tasted." What a charming shop, with an incredibly friendly staff who clearly take pride in their products and store. I can't wait to come back and try more delectable treats!

• Visited June 2012
4 Thank PJg8r
Concord, New Hampshire
“An amazing experience for chocolate lovers”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

This lovely shop is as much an art gallery as a candy store. The chocolates are shaped in gorgeous molds and beautifully displayed. The hot chocolate selection is exotic and very interesting. My daughter and I each had a hot chocolate and enjoyed them very much. I can't remember the name of the flavors, but both were delicious, although one was a bit too rich for me. We also got a couple of chocolates. They are expensive, but I believe in supporting local businesses, especially ones that put so much pride and passion into what they do. This is a place to savor both extremely fine chocolate and the artistry that goes into presenting it. I will definitely be back!

• Visited April 2012