“Maybe not your Mama's, but worth a try”

Mr. Mac's Macaroni and Cheese
Ranked #7 of 410 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery
Description: We do 1 thing, Macaroni & Cheese, and we do it right! Over 25 varieties made to order, or create your own. Named "Best OF NH" by New Hampshire Magazine. Named "The Meal Worth Driving To" by Phantom Gourmet. Take exit 9S 1 mile off I-93. Dine-in, to-Go, or "take-n-bake". Multi-grain and Gluten-free avaiable.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Let's face it. If you're into mac and cheese, you probably have definite ideas of how it should be prepared. You know what you like and what you don't. So, I think it's pretty risky opening a restaurant that completely focuses on one dish and its variations. It's especially risky when the restaurant is located in a part of the country that is kind of fanatical about mac and cheese. Not being a native New Englander, I had no idea that this humble casserole was so popular, so adored, and taken so seriously. When a friend of mine suggested last week that we give Mr. Mac's a try, I couldn't resist making the drive from Concord. Now my friend is a native and she LOVES mac and cheese. Being a purist, she ordered the Classic American and I did too, thinking that sampling the dish in its simplest form would be the best way to gauge the quality of the product. At Mr. Mac's you order and pay at the counter. You're given a number to place on your table and your food is brought to you when ready. I ordered the small size which was more than enough for one person. It arrived in a cast iron skillet, nicely browned on the top. My preference is for a mild, creamy sauce. This blending of American and Cheddar cheeses was more rich and sticky. It was very filling and satisfying, just not my idea of perfect. However, it could very well be your ideal. I will be going back to try some of the macaroni salads on the menu, since that has always been one of my favorite side dishes. By the way, I didn't hear rave reviews from my friend the mac and cheese lover, but neither did I hear any negative comments. That's saying a lot.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Visited Mr. Mac's after it was featured on Phantom Gourmet. It was quite a drive for us but decided to go since it was our son's birthday and he loves Mac and Cheese. It was well worth the drive! We ordered three different combinations and they were all absolutely delicious. The portions were plenty and even had leftovers to bring home.

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Everyone loves macaroni and cheese and Mr. Mac's takes it to a new level with all the different combinations they have come up with. You will want to go back many times to try a different dish from their menu. I loved the Philly cheese steak combo.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stopped in for dinner with the family. Greeted with a smile and answers to our questions about the menu. We each ordered a different type: Cuban, Bacon Cheeseburger, Blazing Buffalo Chicken, and Chicken Bacon Ranch. Everyone was very happy with their choice and sampled around, proclaiming them all good.We all got mediums, and all brought home about half of the food. The small size would definitely be enough for a meal.

It was an all around good meal with great friendly service and good basic comfort food.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

What a great idea! I was recently on a trip with 11 high school students and 2 adults. It was my daughter's birthday and I wanted something for lunch that wasn't your typical fast food, but wouldn't take a lot of time and money. An internet search turned up Mr. Mac's, so we gave it a try and were pleased with what we found. There are many different types of mac and cheese - we ordered Cheese, Please!, Buffalo Chicken Ranch, and Taco Mac (all larges), plus 4 large salads. We were treated extremely well by the staff, who were generous with the salad dressings so everyone could have what they wanted. They also pushed tables together to accommodate our large group. The Taco Mac appeared to be the favorite, with Cheese, Please! coming in second. We all ate our fill and I brought home leftovers. Parking is ample, take-out containers are out on a counter so you don't have to ask for them, and the bathrooms were clean. I debated giving 4 stars, but when you consider the nature of mac and cheese and accept it for what it is, this restaurant deserves 5 stars. It's not gourmet, but it's delicious and nicely done.