“Good overnight stopping point”

SpringHill Suites Manchester-Boston Regional Airport
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at the SpringHill Suites in Manchester on my way to Acadia National Park in Maine. Clean, comfortable, with room to spread out a bit - it's a very good mid-point stopover. There are plenty of places to choose from when you're looking for something to eat. I also liked the location because I could easily go through Portsmouth and do a little sight-seeing around the port area before heading north through Maine to Acadia. I'd certainly return to this hotel on future trips in the area.

Room Tip: Personally, I like rooms on a high floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Manchester-Boston Regional Airport

Reviewed May 26, 2014

4 nites, got a nice priceline deal on a pretty low bid. Their web site rate for our dates was $139, a tad high for this level of hotel. Since I loved my deal I rated 'value' in the middle. Arrived about 11:30 pm, friendly young lady checked us in quickly. Asked for a top floor king facing the back (a pond and trees, front faces the airport), and she had one for us. OK, Some people complain that it's more a slightly large room than a 'suite' but I don't expect anything much in the way of extras with these 'suite' brands of the chains. We had a semi-closed off front area with desk, couch, coffee table, small MW, sink, fridge, counter, 1 cabinet. Then a dresser, bed with 2 nitestands, and 2 part bath - sink outside, tub/toilet in a room. All was very clean, towels very fluffy, good shower. Bed very comfortable. Never heard a sound from anywhere, including planes, and we kept the window open (it only opens about 6 inches). Hotel and area seemed very safe. Ample close parking (a reviewer mentioned 'extended parking some distance a way, no idea what that is about). Coffee in lobby 24/7 but kind of hit/miss after the morning, also no real half and half available but I had my own (I hate the flavored chemical stuff, and really hate the powdered substances). Never made the breakfast for varying reasons. Free wifi was blazing fast, I tested the speed several times and it's steady 18 mps. All staff we encountered were very friendly. Only thing I would knock is that the sheets seem quite old and are a bit small for the bed. When checking out we were asked for feedback and I mentioned this, they stated they had requested new ones a while back and it was just approved at HQ, so they were coming. All in all I would be very happy to stay here again but yeah, $139 is a tad steep. I see some dates as low as $99 which I would go for.

Room Tip: Back side for quiet, with view of trees and pond. Back side if you like to see planes and the parki...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2014

A standard good Marriott property, everything working and clean. It's nice to be on the backside of the building and see the green trees from the bedroom window. The front desk staff could have been a little more helpful; for example, they didn't offer the times for breakfast, etc. The breakfast had a good selection.

However, the reason I will choose another hotel at the Manchester airport the next time I need to "stay and park" is because the extended parking is at an isolated cul de sac parking lot in the woods. It does not feel especially safe to leave my car there. Also I did not like the isolation of the parking spot as I returned alone on a flight which arrived after midnight. It just felt too isolated. The parking used to be right across the street within view of the hotel. If the location of the extended parking doesn't bother you, it's a fine hotel.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I don't know what they did for soundproofing, but this place was astonishingly quiet. I figured a family-friendly hotel right next to an airport would have noise issues, but I couldn't hear a thing.
There's a free shuttle to and from the airport for those who have need of it.
The front desk staff are all friendly and very helpful. Always smiling faces to greet you.
My room was very large, clean, and offered everything I could need including a small kitchenette.
The hot breakfast on weekends is excellent (I'm a sucker for waffles), and the slightly more limited breakfast during the week is still pretty vast compared to most places. I had plenty to eat.
They have hot coffee and the makings for tea and cocoa in the lobby at all times, which is great for late night cocoa! I will gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Amalia,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write such a thorough review for TripAdvisor. We're pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with a quiet and relaxing atmosphere and that you enjoyed our friendly staff and convenient amenities. We value your 5-star recommendation to the travel community and look forward to having you back.

Best,
Kelly Wood, GM

Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Located on the backside of Manchester airport but did not experience any airport noise. Central location with easy in and out access to the city or other surrounding locations.

Decorations are modern and the staff was very friendly. I liked the fact that the towels were thick and not the typical paper-thin offerings sometimes received. Could have likely been fortunate enough just to have been on the "new towel rotation" but I'll take it.

Breakfast is what you come to expect from Marriott. Consistent.

Only thing I didn't like was that the top of the bathroom mirror stops at my forehead. I'm only six foot tall, so this should not have been a problem. Clearly just not thought through or just very short maintenance folks.

I will stay here again. Quiet and comfortable.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This hotel is close to the airport. It is a very nice hotel with a very good breakfast. The beds are comfortable. It has interior corridors. It provides free shuttle service to and from the airport. They have a new key system to enter the rooms. One does not slide the key; instead one just places the key by the lock and it opens. The desk clerk should have told me about the new system. It was late at night and I was tired. It took me a while to learn how to get the door open. I have stayed here before and hope to come back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

Alan,

Thank you for your repeat patronage of our hotel and for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We're happy to hear that you consistently enjoy our convenient amenities and comfortable accommodations; however, I sincerely apologize for the lack of communication from the front desk agent regarding the new key system and the subsequent inconvenience. We value your business and look forward to hosting your next stay.

Best,
Kelly Wood, GM

Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

We went to the NH Sheep and Wool Festival in Deerfield. The nearest hotels are mostly in Manchester. SpringHill Suites was pleasant. The rooms had coffee makers, fridge and microwave. King bed and fold out sofa, that had an extra section, so made a roomy couch. Two room bathroom, good bed, plenty of electrical outlets. Wifi worked fine.

The breakfast was the standard hotel free one. I find the best is to get toast and the hard boiled eggs, as the scrambled, while edible, are a far cry from my preferred eggs from local backyard hens!

The pool is small, but clean, and best used late, when not crawling with kids. The hot tub is nice, but there is no useful age limit, and I dislike having to watch 3-12 year olds whose parents aren't nearby, as kids that size can quickly and abruptly become faint or ill in a hot tub.

I left a tip each day, labeled for the maid as is my usual (friends who once worked as maids say daily tips are best), and they left thank yous for me.

I would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple