“Great experience!”

Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Santa Rosa, CA
“Great experience!”
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We began and ended our NH vacation staying at Springhill Suites because of proximity to the airport, cost and amenities. A great choice with happy surprises!
Our first night, we arrived late in the evening but still on CA time, needing to unwind. To our delight, the hotel shop offered beer and wine for sale. We stayed in a room on the back side with king bed and recommend it. There was a separation between the sitting area and sleeping area. The bed was very comfortable.
Our last day, we arrived in the afternoon and gained a better perspective of the location. Although very near the airport, it felt like we were in the country. The back of the hotel is wooded, and the woods border a lake! We walked the very short distance down to the lovely lake and enjoyed the sunset. We also enjoyed the pool and Jacuzzi that night. We stayed in a room on the front side accommodating visual and hearing impaired on the front side. It was more like a regular motel room, and we missed the trees but, again, the beds were very comfortable.
We dropped off our rental car at the airport in the afternoon and did not see any restaurants close by. We wanted to try some pizza before we left and the front desk supplied us with a menu for a restaurant that delivered. It was okay and inexpensive. Perhaps we missed this, but it would be helpful to have a variety of restaurant delivery menus available for guests, although, we were clear we wanted pizza.
The staff was very helpful and friendly. We used the shuttle 4 times and experienced very little wait for pick up and delivery to the airport/ car rental agency.
The breakfast included eggs, sausage, oatmeal with several condiments, cereal, muffins, bagels, waffles, juice, waffles, etc. Even when we departed at 5am, cereal and muffins were available. Coffee is available 24 hours.
This was a great deal, we would definitely stay here again and are still amazed at the rates ($85/king, $100/double) we booked online at their website. Although we entered notes, when booking, that we were late arrivals the first night and early arrivals the last night, I suggest following up with a phone call. Actually, I always try to call anywhere we stay a couple days ahead just to be sure everything is as expected.

Room Tip: King bed at rear of building
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank megscakes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I called and booked this hotel for the night after my wedding since my Army husband and I needed to fly back to his unit early the next morning. Though I repeated the date four times, they booked me in for the wrong night, so we arrived to find that they had charged me a "no show" fee and were completely full. Mistakes happen, but what was unacceptable was the way they treated us. They acted as if we were complete idiots, were unbelievably rude and dismissive, took four phone calls to reverse the "no show" fee, and even when they were "helping" find us another place, it was more to get us out of their hotel. Thankfully the people at the Highlander were wonderful. Go there first.

Room Tip: Go to the Highlander.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Colwen_Management, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Please allow me to apologize for the unfortunate customer service experience that you had with our hotel. I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be to arrive at a hotel, only to find that the reservation was made incorrectly. I assure you that I will follow up with my staff to discuss the importance of making sure that all reservations are made accurately.

I do want to thank you for taking the time to review us as feedback from valued guests such as yourself help us to improve our guest experience here at the Springhill Suites.

I do hope that if you return to the area that you would give us another chance to show you that this is not the type of service that we expect to give.

Jonathan Newton,
Willowbrook, Illinois
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Our stay here started out fine, we checked in around 8 pm. The staff was friendly, and the room was nice, but on the warm side. I turned the AC down to 70 degrees, and my husband and I went to dinner and ran errands. After we got back, I found the room was still quite warm and turned the AC way down to see if it made any difference. It seemed to be weakly blowing cool air, but not making a difference in the room temperature. We let it run for a bit while we got ready for our early morning flight the next day, but at around 11 pm I realized the room wasn't getting any better and it was too hot to sleep, so I called the front desk to see if there was any way we could move to another room. The attendant said no, they were full and went to get off the phone. I stopped him and asked if there were any maintenance personnel available, but no. When I pressed he did try calling to one of their sister properties to see if they had anyone available, but no luck. After walking me through some simple troubleshooting on the phone, like "is the fan on?" (yes) and "try turning the temperature down further" (it's already set to 62!) etc. He gave up and that was that. We finally managed to cool the room down enough to sleep by opening our door to the nice cool hallway, and opening our window to funnel the cold air through the room for a while.
The next morning the front desk clerk asked how my night was, I mentioned the AC issue and my bad night and the desk clerk said that we had turned it too low and it had probably frozen up. We had it at a reasonable temperature for hours before that though, and it still didn't work. I'm not sure what the reason was, but I barely got any sleep.
Additionally, when I complained in the morning the clerk jotted some things down and said she was setting up a maintenance request for the room, after she finished this we asked about our bill and she asked for our room number........If she didn't know our room number, I'm betting she couldn't really make a maintenance request. I don't think anyone there really cares if you have a good stay or not.
On the up side, the breakfast was pretty good, bed was nice and there was a business center to print boarding tickets. However, I was really there to sleep, and I didn't really get to.
Overall, I would NOT recommend staying at this property.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of the issues that you experienced during your stay with us. I do want to sincerely apologize for the issues that occurred. I can certainly understand your frustration at not being able to have a cool room during your stay.

Feedback from valued guests such as yourself help us to improve our guest experience here at the Springhill Suites.

I assure you that I will address all of these issues and thank you once again for staying at the Springhill Suites. I do hope that if you return to the area that you will give us another chance.

Jonathan Newton,
glastonbury, ct
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The day we were staying at this hotel, I read the review about the bed bugs. I also saw how the management quickly commented on the bad reviews, and stated that they had rectified the issues. I was nervous since it was too late to make a reservation anywhere else. Luckily, the bed was very comfortable, and neither my husband or myself had any evidence of bed bugs. The rate was less than some other national brand hotels in the area, and our stay was very pleasant. The staff was nice and we found no fault with anything.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mqotw
Denville, New Jersey
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I just stayed at this hotel for one night for my friends Wedding. I read a lot of reviews on here saying that it was a great place to stay... And for the price, and name, I thought we were going to have a comfortable stay. First of all when I checked in the woman asked me for my debit card, even though I had already payed in full, for "incidentals".. So during my entire stay, I was nervous because I didn't know what that meant.. And I hope I don't see any extra charges on my bank statement because I opened up the soap and used it. Second, I had requested a non smoking room, and the second I walked into my room it smelt like musty cigarette smoke. I should have asked for another one, but because it was such a short stay, I didn't make a big deal out of it.

The next day when I got in my car to drive home, I began to see HUGE WELTS all over my legs. They are so itchy and seem to have the exact pattern of BED BUG BITES!! I am absolutely horrified. I really hope that I don't have the eggs in my clothes and haven't already transferred them to my bed and furnishings.

I really expected a lot more from a Marriott. If these are indeed bed bug bites, they can be sure that they'll be hearing from me. I am disgusted and mortified that this happened to me. I keep my things neat and clean, and now because I stayed in a dirty hotel I am going to have to pay hundreds of dollars for an exterminator.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Karpants
Colwen_Management, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Although the feedback you provided regarding our hotel is painful to read, I feel the comments you made need to be addressed. We take these types of comments and concerns very seriously. The guest room in question has been thoroughly inspected and no evidence of bed bugs have been found. As a proactive approach to the bed bug epidemic, our housekeeping and maintenance staff have been trained to look for evidence of bed bugs while they are cleaning the guest rooms. Our pest control company conducts on-going training for the staff to ensure everybody is aware of the signs of bed bugs.

As for the incidentals, incidentals at our hotel refer to being able to order movies from your room, making a long distance phone call from your room phone and making a purchase from the “Market” and charging the purchase to your room. It is standard to have a credit card or debit card on file for these amenities to be available to you. I apologize, it was never our intention to leave you questioning if there would be unexpected charges on your statement.

We would have liked the opportunity to resolve these concerns before you left the hotel. We never want our guests to leave unhappy. I do hope that you will consider our hotel again if you are in the Manchester area. We would like to provide you the experience you expect and deserve.

Amy Labbe
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Our family stayed here for one night, Sunday, July 24, 2011, in a 3rd floor room with two beds and a sleep sofa. We did not see the bugs, but one family member was bitten in approximately a dozen places. Only one bed seemed to be infested; the other members of the family (who were sleeping in other beds) and were not bitten.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank CoMoKB
Colwen_Management, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The comments you have made regarding bed bugs has been taken seriously. These comments have prompted us to inspect all rooms on the third floor with 2 double beds and a pull-out sofa. This process took time but was well worth it. There were no rooms found with any evidence of bed bugs. With the ongoing epidemic of bed bugs, we are staying ahead of the game by keeping our staff well trained in identifying the signs of bed bugs.

Amy Labbe,
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Stayed one night at the Sring Hill with my family. Room was very clean, updated, nice suite. Used the small indoor pool. Enjoyed a nice continental breakfast. Staff members were very courteous and helpfull. Kitchenette in the room was nice and clean. I would recommend the Spring Hill if staying in this area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family