“I love tex-mex! This is the place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cactus Jack's

Cactus Jack's
Ranked #19 of 397 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Southwestern, Bar
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Following the success of T-BONES, the first Cactus Jack's opened in 1995 in Manchester. In 2007, the Laconia location became New Hampshire's first dual casual dining concept - with both Cactus Jack's and T-BONES - on Lake Winnipesaukee. While it keeps up the tradition of "homemade" dishes, the look and menu at CJ's has its own style. Attentive servers are always ready to serve guests authentic Southwestern, Tex-Mex, Cajun, and barbecue dishes that are unmatched in New Hampshire
“I love tex-mex! This is the place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

hands down, the BEST southern fried pickles I have ever had! I could have eaten 2 orders!

The chicken fajita taco salad is amazing! Fresh ingredients, amazing chili taco bowl and awesome chipotle ranch (if you ask for it)

Service is good - though it gets pretty crazy on the weekend nights

they do have call ahead though - i would suggest using it!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank cntrygurl625

Chester, New Hampshire
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Cactus Jacks was recommended to us by some locals because it was kid friendly. I was not impressed. The food was okay. I didn't think the food justified the price. I won't be going back.

Allenstown, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Favorite Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The menu is huge everything is made from scratch! There is something for everyone - family friendly. Atmosphere is relaxed and fun!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Kathi D
NH
“Great food and awesome staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband and I had lunch at CJ's last week and enjoyed every minute. The wait staff were friendly and attentive and there is just about everything you can imagine on the menu. We chose the fish taco's and a CJ's burger. Both were excellent. They give points for every dollar you spend and after 100 points you get a $10 coupon for your next visit. We will definitely be racking up some points! Well worth your time and money.

• Visited December 2012
New Boston, New Hampshire
“Varied menu of great food and and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I live within 15 miles of CJ’s so I’ve frequented this restaurant over the years. I have never had a bad meal or bad experience. When I first went to CJ’s, I assumed it was a large nationwide chain – it isn’t. They only have a couple of restaurants. The place was very busy and I thought I would be sitting in the lobby for a long time and they’d never get my order correct. Wrong on both accounts! I was seated very quickly and every special request I made was done absolutely correctly, the FIRST time! It has been that way ever since.

The menu is as varied as can be found, featuring Mexican, seafood and steaks but not specializing in any one style, so regardless of your whim, CJ’s can fulfill your desires!

The food and drinks are terrific. My favorite is the steak fajitas. The slices of steak are mouth watering and I get it exactly as ordered. I don’t like the refried beans and Mexican rice that comes with it but they have no problem substituting any of their sides.

The staff is excellent, not hovering, not rushing but attentive and always very friendly. Could I say more? Yes. They serve until 11PM so I frequently go there and sit at a table in the bar after a night at the fabulous Palace Theatre. One might think that at 11PM, they might not be able to provide the same meals they have at their prime-time but they do!

This isn’t a white table cloth chateaubriand fancy wine restaurant with candles but always provide great food and a pleasant dining experience and a great price.

• Visited December 2012