“Great Pizza”

Portland Pie Company
Ranked #41 of 399 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Eddington, Maine
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

we ordered take out to bring back to the hotel for the grandchildren. The Old Port (pepperoni) was delicious, especially if you like lots of pepperoni, not the small round slices but large thin slices...(bit on the greasy side)...Great Diamond, interesting but wonderful. The kids meals pizza with side of fruit were perfect. Bit on the pricy side but good pizza just the same and we definitely would try again at another location and eat in as well.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Average food TERRIBLE service”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stopped in last night on our way to a Fisher Cats game for a quick bite. A Thursday evening should have been nothing special, but once we were seated we had to wait almost ten minutes to be acknowledged by a server. At this point we ordered our drinks, appetizer, and entree simultaneously because we were afraid of letting him get away again. We waited 5 more minutes for drinks, 20 minutes for hummus, and a full 40 more minutes for our dinner salads -- no, we didn't even order anything that needed to be cooked. Our server was either clueless or uncaring because he didn't apologize or even attempt to move quicker the whole time. All this and the food was something we could have gotten at any restaurant. I'd recommend going somewhere else.

San Antonio, Texas
“Great pizza and beer selection”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Delicious pizza very different selections. Try the lobster pizza. Fun beer selection and if your not sure what beer you like try the beer flight. Great service good location.

Visited July 2014
Rutland, Vermont
“Unexpected...good...but bad...just read.”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

So, I've been to Portland Pie Company quite a few times over the past 3 years for business lunches and this is the first time I've felt compelled to submit a review. First, let me say that the pizza is awesome. However, pizza is a personal taste thing and my personal taste says, try the pizza. However, a few months ago I fell in love with clam chowder and today I ordered some here. It was delicious. Lots of clams, big bites of clam mixed with smaller bites, creamy and the potatoes were diced small but cooked perfectly. Plus it was served with my hometown favorite of Westminster Oyster crackers. It was yummy.

But then today I ordered the Downeast...mistake, don't do it. Their discription "Roasted chicken marinated in fiery buffalo sauce. We layer provolone cheese, cool diced celery and finish it with a drizzle of bleu cheese dressing."...Okay, the chicken was diced small and dry, dry, dry. The cool diced celery was about 5 thin slices and it was definitely a drizzle of bleu cheese right in the middle of the baguette. The only good thing about this sandwich was the baguette.

Get the pizza, or try one of their salads, those are good. Love the steak and bleu cheese salad. Love the pizza, had other sandwiches but skip the Downeast. It definitely needs work. But hey, I went to a "pie" place, my bad, should have stuck with the pizza.

1 Thank blc914
London, Kentucky
“Excellent pizza”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Had the Moosehead and the Prosciutto/Cream Cheese pizza, and they were both excellent. The marinara and the crust are both outstanding. Decent beer selection. I've eaten here twice, and felt like each time it was one of the best pizzas I'd ever had. I certainly can only think of about 2-3 pizza places I could rank above Portland Pie, and I try to eat pizza on every vacation. I will go there again if/when I'm in Manchester.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Dustin T

Been to Portland Pie Company? Share your experiences!