“Good food, unimpressive atmosphere, ok service”
Review of Red Sauce Ristorante - CLOSED

Red Sauce Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2011

This place used to be a seafood restaurant. Looks like they did not do much remodeling. It's a rather plain looking place, and the views out the windows are of a huge parking lot. Does not feel like a Mexican restaurant at all, more like a typical American restaurant.

The service and food were fine. Nothing stood out at all. The plating was plain, the food was decent. Prices were okay. I was not impressed and would not highly recommend the place, but I'd go back because it is in a convenient location to where we were when we decided to drop in.

There are newer reviews for Red Sauce Ristorante

Reviewed August 22, 2011

Yes, the entrance door is inside the building not accessible from the outside, but it was easy enough to find.

The bartender was a young pregnant woman who was also our server. She was sweet, patient and attentive giving our second impression of the restaurant an even better review.

The food was delicious, fresh and spicy. The price was very reasonable. I can't think of anything negative. I enjoyed my meal and leftovers.

Reviewed July 3, 2011

For really great Mexican without any atmosphere - go to Consuelo's. If you are looking for a restaurant to sit and have a drink with dinner - then go here. It's only slightly better than La Caretta and Margarita's in food - but more light and much cleaner than the others. It's a little more creative (but not much)...a little bit better because it doesn't seem to frozen or reheated (unlike the others). Tough to find though - it's across from WMUR, hidden in one of the old mill buildings.

Reviewed April 5, 2011

Issue One: Couldn't find the entrance door. It's not where Commercial Street Fishery's door was, so we walked right past it.

Issue Two: Girl who barely acknowledged our arrival seemed bored.

Issue Three: Decor us dull. What's Mexican about it?

Margarita was delicious, the rest was nothing to write home about. We said to each other, take a good look around, because we won't be seeing the inside of this place until it changes hands again.

Reviewed February 26, 2011

Decided to give this place a try after buying a gift card on Restaurant.com (great deal!) and the only real downside was having a TERRIBLE time FINDING it. After 20 minutes of searching- using my GPS- I called the restaurant to hear that everyone has trouble because of an address problem??? Idk- it is located way off the road in a large building with minimal signage- a small vinyl banner draped on a low wall by the parking lot. Enough said. When we finally FOUND the restaurant it was actually pretty nice inside- nice high ceilings, great bar area, gorgeous hardwood floors- very clean.

Our waitress was nice, but seemed either new or simply unconcerned with service- not sure which. We were served a TINY cup of salsa with a large bowl of nachos- placed it and our three empty glasses on the very edge of our table for the server to refill- after 20+ minutes with her being MIA and many other servers zooming by (glancing down at our empty glasses then looking away quickly) we were ready to leave and then a different server came out with our food! It looked and smelled great- and we asked to have some drink refills while we had the attention of ANY server. Our waitress magically reappeared WITH our drinks a few minutes later and the rest of our service was okay.

THE FOOD was EXCELLENT! I ordered the chicken enchiladas with verde (green) sauce- it was really great- the chicken was nicely cooked and flavorful- very authentic flavors. Refried beans were great and I don't normally eat them- the rice was a bit dry but the GUACAMOLE was good enough to forgive any transgressions. Nice chunky YUM- no WAY this came out of a can! My daughter had the chicken quesidilla- again great, my son tried the Carne Asada burrito plate and my husband the steak querizo. The desserts were also AMAZING- we had the tres leches (three milk) cake- excellent, the fried ice cream- AWESOME- and the churros- ok. Overall, there were no complaints on any fronts with the exception of the dry rice and spotty service to start.

I'd definitely recommend this place to a friend and the restaurant.com savings make it a MUST for lovers of good deals, family dining, and authentic mexican food.