“Unexpected pleasure”

Republic Cafe
Ranked #1 of 397 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Republic is a European style cafe serving lunch and dinner 7 days and breakfast on Saturday and Sunday with locally roasted coffee and a full bar.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Unexpected pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

When we came to this restaurant thinking it might be good but not this good. My family of three started our meal sharing arancini--flavored rice balls, coated with breadcrumbs, and fried. Delicious! We also had a tasty appetizer special--cabbage leaves filed with spiced lamb salad. For the main course, two of us had lemon sole, which was served with barley, grilled fennel, and arugula (which was somewhat salty to my taste). The fish was seasoned nicely and cooked until flaky, not dry. My husband had the Moroccan red lentil stew, which contained bulgur wheat and spicy eggplant. He enjoyed it but thought it was a bit too much tomato flavor. Our server was very pleasant and efficient. Overall, we were quite impressed!

Visited July 2014

Manchester
“Great food, value and exceptional service ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I and our friend wanted to have a night out and a good dinner. We have eaten at many of the eateries in downtown manchester but hadn't been to republic cafe since our first time a couple years ago. The inside is small but quaint and the menu is not overwhelming but a nice variety from apps to entrees. And the specials are always awesome. The food is from local farms and quality shines through in the grass fed beef / meats and fresh fish and local veggies. If you're looking for a "clean eating" restaurant this is a fantastic choice. Our server was very attentive and knowledgable with all the menus items and questions we had. Will definitely be back to republic cafe again and will be trying its sister eatery, Campo Enoteca.

1 Thank Aaron R
Chester, New Hampshire
“Good for the area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

It is a good place to have a nice dinner. The atmosphere is good. The service was good. I would recommend it to my friends.

• Visited June 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Fun food that you don't always see. The apple beet salad was fresh delicious and filling. Nice outdoor seating great place to go on a pleasant day sit and sit outdoors. Breakfast to dinner great drinks food good service.

• Visited July 2014
Loveland, Colorado
“Excellent Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stopped here for breakfast on our way out of Manchester. My husband and I loved the feel of Republic. It was obvious there were many locals enjoying the food and shocked to see so many people eating only 10 minutes after opening. We both started with the fresh squeezed orange juice and coffee. My husband enjoyed the house brew while I enjoyed an excellent vanilla latte, probably one of the best I have had in recent memory. I ordered the lamb sausage omelette. The flavors were amazing and did not disappoint. My husband decided to go light and ordered the yogurt and granola which he also enjoyed. The service matched the food in that it was excellent. Cannot wait to give this place a try for dinner next time we are in town.

• Visited June 2014