“Fun place to eat”

Airport Diner
Ranked #10 of 397 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Airport Diner in Manchester, N.H. is a traditional 50's style diner conveniently located near the Manchester-Boston Regional Airport. Complete with be-boppin' music, a case full of home-made pies, and a tuna melt The Boston Globe called "a local tuna melt worth traveling for," Airport Diner is a family-friendly restaurant that offers something for everyone. Breakfast served all day long and comfort food favorites just like mom used to make!
“Fun place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

A great,fun place to eat. Not the ordinary humdrum boring restaurant. Our food was fine. Sat at the bar and
Had great conversation with staff. They were prompt,courteous, and knowledgeable. It isn't a white linen restaurant nor is it supposed to be. It must be pretty good as there was always a line waiting to get in. We will certainly go back next time we are in Manchester,NH.

Visited June 2013

Crossville, Tennessee
“First impressions are sometimes...spot on.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I finally found a diner open for breakfast before 7 AM. It looks like many I've eaten at around the nation. You'll notice the filthy windows as you walk in the door. I stopped by the cashier to ask if the accepted AMEX, then took a seat at the counter. The staff was friendly and prompt. I ordered the NH Farm Breakfast. The over medium eggs were slightly scorched and the bacon was as tough as shoe leather. The potatoes were average and the toast was the best part of the meal. As I sat there I noticed how filthy the cooking area was. It appeared to have never been cleaned. Looking through the pass through window, I noticed that the kitchen lights were turned off. I wouldn't want anyone to see back there either. The health department needs to check this place soon. I couldn't find a posted health score, but it may be in the kitchen with the lights off.

1 Thank ivybeanaverywareman
Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just what you expect in a diner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband loved the chocolate malt and the Sunday roast pork special. I thought it was just ordinary.

Visited June 2013
Riverdale, New Jersey
“Nice retro diner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I found out about this diner in my AAA Tourbook. It has a nice retro-looking exterior, the interior looks like a 1950's diner. The background music was excellent, all 50's and 60's tunes. I had the country fried steak, with mashed potatoes and carrots. The meal was good, though I've had better fried steak. It was served with brown gravy instead of white, which is definitely better. The waitress was friendly and the meal served in good time. Overall, I'd recommend this as a good nostalgic dining experience.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“A Fly..oh my..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Have dined many times at the quirky Common Man run Airport Diner.
The atmosphere is retro, then service friendly and the food good quality diner fare. Nothing stands out..but the only offerings near the airport other than fast food.
This after noon I ordered a Buffalo Salad. It arrived quickly and was tasty until i found a dead fly in the lettuce after my second bite. Gulp.....
I politely called over my waitperson, pointed out the fly. I told her would prefer to just have a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich as my appetite was a bit off..fly and all..
Quickly the manager came over and apologized. I politely acknowledged his words..and I actually said.." No big deal..it happens" . I did not make a scene, repressed, I ate. I was hungry.
The odd thing was on my bill it was printed that I found a bug in my meal..seriously. It also stated that the manager spoke with me. But they never offered me a complimentary desert or heck even a refill on my diet coke. Imp aid the 6$ bill, tipped 4$ and called it a day..
Fly...oh my? C'mon CMan you can do better than that!,,