“Kids love it”

Ranked #15 of 410 Restaurants in Manchester
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Everybody says that it's really good Sushi, the kids 20+ love it, buzzing bar scene, hard to get in though.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Our party of five dined here over Thanksgiving weekend and we had a wonderful experience.
Our waitress was informed, efficient, courteous, and attentive.
I have a number of food allergies which she took note of and I was assured by the host/owner that everyone in the kitchen was working to assure that my experience would be safe.
We enjoyed a great cabernet to start. That set the stage for the fabulous, truly bistro fare that soon came to our table. Three of us had short ribs and two had the lamb shank. In each case, the meat was tender and flavorful. The vegetables accompanying our meals were bright in color and crisp in texture, a great complement to the perfectly braised meat.
We were tempted by the dessert offerings, especially the fudge cake and the creme brulee, but no one had room!
Our evening was just fabulous.
I will look forward to another dinner here, sustained against the cold by this great bistro's offerings!
Hurry down to Elm St.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

What a great find in Manchester! The menu is varied and filled with options, including sushi, which is truly amazing. Service was great, and prices were reasonable. Will definitely come back soon.

1  Thank ElauNH
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have heard some really great things about Mint Bistro and am not surprised to see the good reviews on Trip Advisor. Friends have told us that this is one of their favorite places. I tried to go one night over the summer with two of my friends and was told that we would not be able to get a table without reservations - they were so busy. And this was during the week.

So a few weeks ago, I made a reservation to have dinner at Mint with those same two friends. None of us had ever been. The hostess was very polite when I called to make my reservation. I found the level of courtesy when I called to say we were running late for our 730 reservation.

There are a few things you should know before going to this restaurant. The dining room IS very loud and tables are close together. Many of the menu items have an Asian flare, including, of course, a large sushi selection. This is a foodie sort of restaurant, as you might expect with the word "bistro" in their name, so dishes have unique ingredients. The food is delicious and memorable.

Mint has an interesting list of signature cocktails and wine list. I tried the Mai Tai thinking this would go well with the fare. This drink was very strong. I didn't want to send it back and ended up enjoying it, but my drink did not taste at all like a Mai Tai. Not sure if it was the bartender or if this is the recipe they use. The drink I got was not fruity and had a strong taste of Ameretto. When I reached the bottom of my glass, all I tasted was Whiskey. For my second cocktail, the server helped me choose a glass of red wine, and even carried it out to me on while I was sitting on the patio between courses.

For appetizers we tried the chicken satay, french fries, and hazelnut breaded goat cheese with a salad. The fries were my favorite. The chicken appetizer was nothing special. The other two items were delicious. Our server that the Monarch's Maki is the most popular sushi item, so I ordered this for my main course. Sweet egg was in the center, which I had never had in sushi. Yum! My friends enjoyed their entrees, too.

The atmosphere at this restaurant is fun and our service was great. There are many more things I would like to try on the menu and will definitely return.

1  Thank karaturtlegirl
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Been wanting to try the restaurant and did so recently, but unfortanately it did not turn out to be a pleasant experience. Everything about the restaurant, other than the noisy bar area, seemed like a hit until we became ill an hour after leaving the establishment. Although a restaurant would never want to presume that it was indeed their food that made someone ill, my husband and I did not have lunch that day. The food seemed tasty going down but after the long night that I endured following the meal and two day recuperation, I could never bring myself to ever go back again.