“Always stop here when passing through Manchester”
Review of Athens Restaurant

Athens Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 405 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: European, Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Connecticut
“Always stop here when passing through Manchester”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

The food is great. Gigantic portions. It would be nice if the decor got updated. But I will keep coming back!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank judyinCT

Newbury, New Hampshire
“Good Greek food, great location”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

If you're going to the Verizon Arena in Manchester, or to the Center of NH for a meeting, this is an excellent place to go for lunch or dinner--just a couple of blocks, easy walking distance, from both places.
Lots of choices of Greek food on the menu. The avgolemono soup (lemon, egg, soft rice) was delicious, the Greek salad generous, and the roast lamb dinner is huge! Big hunk of lamb (done well) with roast veggies, half a roast potato, and some rice. Plenty in my doggie bag for lunch at work the next day.
I had a very nice white wine Vin de Crete--chose it just because it's something I never had. It reminded me of an excellent Orvieto white from Italy.
On-street metered parking (two hour limit during the day) was virtually empty at 5:30 pm with no event in the nearby Verizon Center.

• Visited November 2013
4 Thank Elizabeth T
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Lamb”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The roast lamb shoulder with garnish is wonderful. Moist tasty meat, comes with rice, potato, a variety of Greek vegetables. We like to ask for additional red sauce to compliment the meat. A nice glass of red house wine adds little in cost to meal, but you will not have any room for dessert so either share it or take some home so you can have their excellent baklava!

1 Thank gingrannie
Nashua, NH
“Authentic Greek food prepared by a Greek family”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have gone to the Athens many times over the years and it has been absolutely consistent! I am of Greek descent and I will tell you that the food here is almost as good as my Greek grandmother's (Yia Yia)! Both my wife and I had the egg and lemon soup and the roast lamb. The food came out piping hot with authentic flavor. There was plenty left over to take home as well. Service was very good.

Prices were very reasonable!

The atmosphere is a bit dated but really didn't matter.

2 Thank waltermNashua_NH
“Poli kala!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

ba sed on my experience in the dodekanese , the Greek islands, particularly Rhodi , where I served with the United States foreign service and was stationed in the late 1940s.
Eating at the
Athens cafe in Manchester New Hampshire eating at the Athens restaurant in Manchester new Hampshire proved to be delightful experience for both my wife and I.The food was excellent,the lamb was the finest I have ever had in the States.in my this was a five star experience exceeding that Of Florida's Tarpon Springs.

2 Thank gosh77