“Poli kala!”

Cuisines: European, Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

ba sed on my experience in the dodekanese , the Greek islands, particularly Rhodi , where I served with the United States foreign service and was stationed in the late 1940s.
Eating at the
Athens cafe in Manchester New Hampshire eating at the Athens restaurant in Manchester new Hampshire proved to be delightful experience for both my wife and I.The food was excellent,the lamb was the finest I have ever had in the States.in my this was a five star experience exceeding that Of Florida's Tarpon Springs.

2  Thank gosh77

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The Athens offers an incredible menu and warm, comforting service. I try to dine here each time I visit Manchester. Lunch is the best time here, as the lunch specials include a cup of yummy soup (Lentil, Bean, Chicken-Lemon, etc.). My favorite dish is the Roast Lamb with vegetables and Greek Potatoes. Absolutely stunning in every way. The Roast Lamb sandwich is also a great choice.

Authentic Greek says it all.

1  Thank Montaukrider
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The food here is really good, baked lamb, or lamb of any type is a priority. Dinners served with delicious rice/red sauce, stewed potatoes, spinach, endive, and other assortments. They have a dry Crete table wine which is awesome.

Three stars is for the run down booths, and overall tacky atmosphere. You should also consider this area is a little sketchy at night with that park people across the street and a tough looking crowd at bar a couple doors down

Next time we go, we plan to do takeout, food is really that good, and you get enough for two meals.

1  Thank tqmman2002
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Great food, huge portions, excellent staff, what is not to like? Lamb was melt in your mouth tender, and desert was a pie-sized piece of baklava.

1  Thank Larry A
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Friendly service, Awesome baked lamb..classic greek preparations, one block from to Verizon arena...that works for me!

Yes the decor is "classic" and maybe slightly dated, but I Personally care more about the quality of the food, friendliness of the staff and owner, and the relative value of the items on the menu, then I care about whether I think the Greek murals are cool or retro or old or whatever!

Go...enjoy, its a good place, with delightfully classic greek cuisine, served in nice large portions by a friendly staff.

1  Thank sandmantv