“Food is very good!”

Dining options: Reservations
Manchester
“Food is very good!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The food here is really good, baked lamb, or lamb of any type is a priority. Dinners served with delicious rice/red sauce, stewed potatoes, spinach, endive, and other assortments. They have a dry Crete table wine which is awesome.

Three stars is for the run down booths, and overall tacky atmosphere. You should also consider this area is a little sketchy at night with that park people across the street and a tough looking crowd at bar a couple doors down

Next time we go, we plan to do takeout, food is really that good, and you get enough for two meals.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank tqmman2002

Augusta, Maine
“Amazing lamb”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Great food, huge portions, excellent staff, what is not to like? Lamb was melt in your mouth tender, and desert was a pie-sized piece of baklava.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Larry A
New England
“Great food, Good value, Large portions, Nice staff.”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Friendly service, Awesome baked lamb..classic greek preparations, one block from to Verizon arena...that works for me!

Yes the decor is "classic" and maybe slightly dated, but I Personally care more about the quality of the food, friendliness of the staff and owner, and the relative value of the items on the menu, then I care about whether I think the Greek murals are cool or retro or old or whatever!

Go...enjoy, its a good place, with delightfully classic greek cuisine, served in nice large portions by a friendly staff.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank sandmantv
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Authentic Gem in downtown Manchester”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Went here mainly because so many places are closed on Sunday evenings. Only 3 tables occupied in a place that holds 50+ tables. Service was exceptional. Food was delicious. Best Spanikopita (sp?) I've had in ages! Huge portion, we had enough food leftover to have a lunch and another dinner. Decor could definitely use an update,I suspect nothing's been done in the 30 years they've been in business, but the place seemed clean and well taken care of. We will go back again! As for special occasions, we were told the large banquet area was used mostly for funeral luncheons and office parties. The only reason I am not giving this 5 stars is for decor....food was certainly 5 star.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank mamajam
Florida
“My Third Visit and Eager for My Fourth”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I love lamb, and I love Greek cuisine. How could I not love Athens Restaurant? Succulent lamb regardless of preparation, huge portions, authentic Greek side dishes, realistic pricing, friendly service and convenient location with plenty of nearby parking. Someday, I might try some of the other house specialties, but its hard to stray from the best lamb shank I've ever eaten.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank RickNP

Been to Athens Restaurant? Share your experiences!