“This place is on my top 10”

Firefly American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Firefly American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 421 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: near Elm & Lowell Streets
Description: Firefly American Bistro & Bar is a casually upscale American bistro situated in the heart of Manchester"s downtown district. Firefly embraces the concept of comfort dining by offering inspired classic American fare in a warm, inviting atmosphere. Firefly's extensive wine list, craft beer selections, and creative cocktails compliment the time-honored yet innovative creations of Chef David Becker's seasonal menus, which burst with flavors from around the world. The uptown atmosphere is accentuated by downtown hospitality and friendly, professional service.
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Every time I've eaten here it was a good experience, the high quality of food with fresh seasonings is always good. I recommend makiing a reservation for busy nights. The martini's are yummy.

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I just went to Firefly and it was very good. I had a bacon wrapped steak it was fantastic and she had a beef short rib that was pretty good. I like the atmosphere here,very clean and modern looking. I would come back for sure. Check it out and get yourself a bacon wrapped steak!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

The food was incredible, five of us went to Firefly for my birthday. We all got something different and everybody truly loved their meal. Our server was okay, but the star performance here is the food. They also have an extensive beer selection and some very good wine.

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Great look to the place but I just wasn't thrilled with the food. It didn't bowl me over. I would go again. Slim on the vegetarian options. Parking is a total bear! Do not park in the lot the restaurant is located with or you'll get towed - it's not their lot. You haven't been to NH if you haven't received a parking ticket either - it's a way of life there. "Live free or die..." and pay your parking tickets.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Last week we had a farewell dinner for an employee, who had requested the Firefly as we had such a good company dinner there at the end of last year. I have eaten here several times since it opened and honestly don't have much but positive comments for the Firefly. Our company dinner in 2013 was enjoyable and the food excellent.

Last week's dinner reservations were made through Open Table, which I like as a reservation option. It worked, the table was ready and my specific location request was honored. Our waitress was excellent and very friendly. The menu choices are more than adequate and there is something for everyone. The prices are also fine for the quality and amount of food you receive and they have a good wine and beer selection as well. The steak tips were very flavorful and perfectly cooked. The meatball appetizer was also a big hit. Overall everyone enjoyed their meals and commented on how delicious the flavors were.

The atmosphere is nice and trendy enough. It can get loud on busy nights but we didn't have any issues the night we were in. The parking lot is a big plus to avoid having to pay for metered parking until 8pm on weekdays.

We had a wonderful time and all of us would return to the Firefly again, on our own or for another company function. I have and will continue to recommend this restaurant to family and friends.

1  Thank NHStargazer12