“Firefly Bistro really shines!”

Firefly American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Firefly American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 408 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: near Elm & Lowell Streets
Description: Firefly American Bistro & Bar is a casually upscale American bistro situated in the heart of Manchester"s downtown district. Firefly embraces the concept of comfort dining by offering inspired classic American fare in a warm, inviting atmosphere. Firefly's extensive wine list, craft beer selections, and creative cocktails compliment the time-honored yet innovative creations of Chef David Becker's seasonal menus, which burst with flavors from around the world. The uptown atmosphere is accentuated by downtown hospitality and friendly, professional service.
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We have been to firefly several times and the food and service have been efficient and delicious. One tip- do not sit anywhere near the bar if you are wanting a quiet place to converse with your dining companions. We recently met friends there and were unable to hear each other's voices without straining over the table.

1  Thank Sue C
There are newer reviews for Firefly American Bistro

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Unique menu with great selection of seafood, beef and vegetarian. extensive cocktail menu. We enjoyed the crab cakes appetizer. The tuna entree was a very large portion and absolutely the best tuna entree I have ever had anywhere. The seasoning was perfection and the tuna was the smoothest melt in your mouth consistency i have ever had. no room for dessert. great atmosphere. semi circle booths and outdoor seating. great place!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

My daughter found Firefly "on the fly" from burlington heading south to Portsmouth. It was a good stop, with parking in a nearby public lot. Street parking is difficult. The food was very good. Delicious short ribs over risotto, generous prime rib for $19.99, and tasty burgers. The server was congenial, as were the barkeepers who were happy to offer samples of beer selections.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband and I dine here frequently - on weekends and, if we get lucky and find a sitter, during the week!

The service has always been excellent - friendly and available without visitng too frequently.

I enjoy the wine list - good variety, good price variation, with some of our standard favorites and always a few new options to try.

The menu is "dressed up comfort food" and I have never been disappointed. Last night I enjoyed the bacon-wrapped bistro steak, which was cooked perfectly. I did find the sauce to be a bit saltier than it has been on previous visits. My husband tried the salmon special and enjoyed it thoroughly. The seasoning was perfect, though he wished there had been vegetables offered as a side.

Other favorties in past visits have been the lamb shank and short ribs.

Portions are just-right to large (I always give at least a third to my husband) and prices are reasonable.

For us, it's a great date-night stop in downtown Manchester!

1  Thank Majorgal
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Went there with some friends on a double date. We were greeted at the door by a hostess and immediately were asked if we had reservations, since they were strongly recommended. I looked around and the place was very empty. We were promptly seated and put in our drink order. For some reason we had two or three different waitresses at our table throughout the entire meal. The food was good, service lacked quite a lot. I ordered their steak tips and really liked the recipe. I asked the server if the chef would be willing to share the ingredients and she immediately said : "No". I found that to be a bit annoying, not even trying. I've been to some 5 star restaurants where I was able to get a recipe from the chef him/herself. The fact that this person wasn't going to even bother asking left me wondering if I'll ever go back to that restaurant. The food was good, staff not so much.

1  Thank Alex M