“Fish and chips”

Cuisines: American, Irish, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I had the best fish and chips ever here. Bar is dark and husband's glass was filthy...sent it back twice. But the fish itself would make me go back!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

My wife and I went there together on Saturday evening, as we were out celebrating St Patty's day weekend. After finally making our way through the crowd to the bar, I asked the bar tender if they had "any St. Patty's Day Beer Specials going on"? The bar tender laughed at me and told me, "if you want something for free I can give you some water". Then he walked away. I was very offended. We had been to a few different places that day that had various specials. I was perfectly fine with them not having any, but if they did it may have determined what I ordered. That simple!. When he came back around I asked him, "is it customary to treat your customers like jerks"? He told me not to lecture him and that me asking for specials was the worst question you could ask a bartender. Which is funny because I was in the business for many years, and could think of a lot worse. He proceeded to tell me that he was the "owner" and did not care if I was offended. I have never in my life seen a restaurant owner be so openly disrespectful to a patron. We left shortly after. The place was absolutely disgusting behind the bar with half eaten food sitting all over the counters, trash everywhere, etc. The bartenders were eating fried foods with there hands and then making drinks for customers without washing their hands first. It was honestly one of the poorest showings of any pub I have ever been too! Filthy, rude, and completely out of touch!

2  Thank Jason S
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have always enjoyed our lunches here, along with the strong Irish ambiance and the feel of friendship or good acquaintances all around. Their beers are worth lift an arm for. Fish and Chips are wonderful, but so is everything else.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stopped by this pub for a couple of beers and apps before a sporting event. Irish musicians in the corner playing ballads (walk ins ) was a nice touch. Sat at the bar, not more that 15-20 seats, rest of it is smaller tables around the wall. There s a back bar area which is used for special occasions, seems like a wasted space, would rather have the bar more expansive. Bartenders were good/friendly, the bar has lots of atmosphere BUT is covered with dollar bills...messy and detracting. Had a couple of pints, well served, tried some apps-pulled pork sliders were OK, a little dry. Also tried what was called " Irish Nachos" which is basically home fries with lot of cheese, served with jalapenos which were not spicy. Too much fried and cheesy for my taste. I would feel comfortable stopping in for a pint now and then but other places such as Wild Rover are better overall.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great folks, nice food. Mussels were the best ever, and maybe the best onion rings i ever had. The bartender, Neil, was very helpful as well as friendly.