“There was a wire in my food...”

Fratellos Italian Grille
Ranked #11 of 399 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Upper Casual Italian American Eatery in Manchester's historic Millyard
Bow
“There was a wire in my food...”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We were seated immediately...a good start to our evening! Within 10 minutes our server approached us for our drink order. She took our dinner order at the same time. There was no mention of the specials that night.
I ordered the Eggplant Parm, my spouse the Shrimp Scampi.
Freshly baked breadsticks were brought to our table. They were hot, but bland in flavor.
Our dinners arrived warm, but not piping hot. The scampi was good, with a sufficient amount of shrimp. The eggplant was served with a very small portion of linguini.
About half way into eating my meal I bit into a piece of wire. This was brought to the attention of our server, who apologized and asked if she could get me a new portion. Had I swallowed the wire I'd probably be in the emergency room now. I wasn't about to chance it a second time! The manager never came to our table. My spouse finished his meal. When the check arrived they did remove the charge for my meal.
Personally, I think they should have comped the entire dinner.
Even if there hadn't been wire in my dinner, this would not have been a good value, or anything special. We won't be back.

• Visited January 2012

Manchester, New Hampshire
“Great fish”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Usually when you get a meal that includes pasta, you are swimming in pasta with a few pieces of meat or vegetables thrown in. Here, there is a lot of fish or meat in all the pasta dishes. The Seafood dishes are great with lots of fish in with the pasta. Really good. Great service and delicious food

Concord, New Hampshire
“good meals four times in a row”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Fratello's used to be a place we'd go to once in a while. We thought it was OK but very so-so. In the past few months we've been there four different times and it's been very good.
We stick to their Italian dishes and salads.

They also make very good martinis. :-)

• Visited January 2012
Center Harbor, New Hampshire
“Has an exceptional menu and atmosphere”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

You can get almost anything to eat here but , obviously, Italian is their specialty.

Visited October 2011
Manchester, New Hampshire
“A Local Must”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

The lil lady and I went for our anniversary, and again on New Year's Eve. Both times were fantastic! For our anniversary, the wait was understandably long so we went up to the lounge and had a couple drinks. Selection was wide and prices were reasonable for a popular location downtown that caters to a somewhat upscale family atmosphere. Our appetizer was the escargo, delicious and generous portion for such a delicacy. She had the seafood sophia, I had the fridiavlo; both of which were full of the ocean's best luxuries. The meal ended perfectly with a great tradional cannoli. When it comes to italian I am as elitest as they come. I can not begin to describe how delicious the food was, its almost exhausting just thinking about it. Both of us with cocktails around $100