No photo provided
Ranked #192 of 409 Restaurants in Manchester
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This place is a little spot on Elm St. that's only open like three nights a week, but their food is amazing. I hear tell that it's run by a couple of medical types that need to whale out their frustrations by cooking. They have only a few dishes, but they're always perfectly cooked and made with only the finest ingredients. We've been there a couple of times and were stuffed and happy by the time we left. We brought our Italian friend and she had the meatballs which are HUGE and even she was impressed. There's also a great martitni bar if you're into that.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had a celebration dinner for our adult children and met our son's new girlfriend. This was the perfect place for a quiet family gathering. The restaurant is small and intimate. The staff is warm and friendly. The Mediterranean selection is on the smallish side but it was perfectly prepared. The bar area is cozy. The libations were perfect. It was a wonderful experience. We will be back. Make sure to call ahead for reservations.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was my first visit to The Way we cook, and probably won't be back for a long time. The place was empty at 5:30 on a Saturday night so we were a bit nervous, but the food was very good, just overpriced and mostly a la carte. I went with my husband and 20 year old daughter before she headed back to college. The menu is limited, mostly Greek flavored although they claim to be an Italian restaurant. One of the specials for the evening was greek lasagne, pastitsio, which my husband had and it was delicous, I think it was $15.95 and although a good size portion it was pricey as there were no sides offered. He also had a beet salad one of his favorites and it was prepared very nicely, that was only $5.95 a very good value. My daughter had lobster and shrimp ravioli, of course this was pricey but it was lobster so you expect that. The shrimp was very salty, but the ravioli and sauce was very good. I had BBQ lamb with onions and peppers along with mashed potatoes, it was delicious, although also a small portion for the price, which unfortunately I don't recall and their website does not tell you the full menu so that I can find the price. The dessert menu we saw had quite a few interesting offerings, but when we asked about dessert at the end of the meal, many of the offerings were not available, so we opted to not get anything. The bill came to $120.00 for one salad, 3 entree's, & 2 alcoholic beverages. The bar was always hopping, and they had a musician playing for Saturday night. It was a very quaint room with probably 12 tables, I would imagine when the restaurant is busy it would be close seating. I am glad I gave it a try, but there was nothing special to make me return. The service was fine, although our water glasses went unfilled, and that was all my daughter was drinking, the waitress was young, and the place was empty so she may have been trying to not be overbearing, but when she did come back she should have noticed the water and refilled it. I may be nitpicking but for the price and type of restaurant it's all in the details.

1  Thank OuCilly
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I was very disappointed with the chicken parm. It was just ok and I have never had to pay extra to add pasta before!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

If you are ever in Manchester, N.H. you MUST opportune yourself of a classy and stupendous dining experience. Fresh, "home-cooked" food! Not far from the Verizon Wireless Arena and the Radisson Hotel.

Not the least expensive restaurant, but well worth the price!