“Pricey, small menu, good tasting food, will be awhile before I return”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Way We Cook

Ranked #182 of 397 Restaurants in Manchester
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Goffstown, New Hampshire
“Pricey, small menu, good tasting food, will be awhile before I return”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was my first visit to The Way we cook, and probably won't be back for a long time. The place was empty at 5:30 on a Saturday night so we were a bit nervous, but the food was very good, just overpriced and mostly a la carte. I went with my husband and 20 year old daughter before she headed back to college. The menu is limited, mostly Greek flavored although they claim to be an Italian restaurant. One of the specials for the evening was greek lasagne, pastitsio, which my husband had and it was delicous, I think it was $15.95 and although a good size portion it was pricey as there were no sides offered. He also had a beet salad one of his favorites and it was prepared very nicely, that was only $5.95 a very good value. My daughter had lobster and shrimp ravioli, of course this was pricey but it was lobster so you expect that. The shrimp was very salty, but the ravioli and sauce was very good. I had BBQ lamb with onions and peppers along with mashed potatoes, it was delicious, although also a small portion for the price, which unfortunately I don't recall and their website does not tell you the full menu so that I can find the price. The dessert menu we saw had quite a few interesting offerings, but when we asked about dessert at the end of the meal, many of the offerings were not available, so we opted to not get anything. The bill came to $120.00 for one salad, 3 entree's, & 2 alcoholic beverages. The bar was always hopping, and they had a musician playing for Saturday night. It was a very quaint room with probably 12 tables, I would imagine when the restaurant is busy it would be close seating. I am glad I gave it a try, but there was nothing special to make me return. The service was fine, although our water glasses went unfilled, and that was all my daughter was drinking, the waitress was young, and the place was empty so she may have been trying to not be overbearing, but when she did come back she should have noticed the water and refilled it. I may be nitpicking but for the price and type of restaurant it's all in the details.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank OuCilly

Goffstown, New Hampshire
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I was very disappointed with the chicken parm. It was just ok and I have never had to pay extra to add pasta before!

Visited November 2012
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Best food in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

If you are ever in Manchester, N.H. you MUST opportune yourself of a classy and stupendous dining experience. Fresh, "home-cooked" food! Not far from the Verizon Wireless Arena and the Radisson Hotel.

Not the least expensive restaurant, but well worth the price!

• Visited August 2012
Bedford,NH
“Went once , will not go again.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Although there were only a small number of tables occupied, the service was oh so slow. The waiter had to come back twice to ask me what I ordered. When I asked extra vegetables instead of the potato I was told there would be an extra charge - how much more does broccoli cost than a potato? When I go out to eat I like to have something more exciting than I can cook at home. I'll stay home rather than go back there.

Visited April 2012
Nashua, New Hampshire, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Clean and healthy food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

One of the main issues in today's cooking is the quality of the basic food provided. In this restaurant the food is clean, organic and cooked in a clean kitchen. When I go there I feel that I can relax about the basic quality of the food. The cooking is great and the services pleasant and friendly. They have a good menu but also cook things not on the menu upon request. By the way they cook a bouillabaisse in the manner of Marseilles with saffron that is absolutely superb. Ask for it and you will never go anywhere else.

• Visited June 2012