“Now closed”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Sadly, Clam King was revamped into CK's Grill not too long ago. We loved going there for our seafood, but hard times hit, and they were forced to close late in 2013. Hope they reconsider and reopen soon

Reviewed November 25, 2013

When I get a hankering for seafood, my area choice without having to drive too far is (was) Clam King (now called CK Grille). Usually when a restaurant introduces a new menu, it typically means adjustments have been made to prices - and it more than likely reflects an increase. And that was the case during my most recent visit. Aside from prices going up on most meals, the portion sizes went the wrong direction.

My go-to Friday meal is a small portion of whole belly clams and in the past, it's been plenty to satisfy most appetites. What I noticed was the size of the clams - much smaller than what I was used to getting for dinner, and less of them - lots of coating. Perhaps, it was the time of the year - I don't know - I don't harvest clams. Baked potato was luke warm - and not warm enough to melt the packaged butter. Pasta salad is always a treat - I have yet to come across any other restaurant who can come close to taste. So for the additional $1.00 that this meal cost from the previous time I was there, I was disappointed...and still hungry.

My wife had a chicken finger plate and again, going from past experiences with the same meal, the portion size of the chicken was smaller. Why would a restaurant not think that returning customers wouldn't take note of this? The rice, on the other hand that my wife chose, was a large enough portion that she saw my fork reaching for her plate quite often and after my meal was done, her rice was still fairly warm. But here's the catch - don't make it look like we are getting a lot of food by putting small chicken fingers on a large bed of rice! Rice is cheap - would rather have more meat!

Service is good and since the restaurant was remodeled, the atmosphere is also nice. But I could care less about the décor - I came for another nice Friday dinner and left giving it two thumbs down. If this restaurant sees me again, it will be in the Spring for an ice cream cone. Good luck CK Grille.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Newly renovated and with wait staff to take your order, Clam King has been renamed CK's Grill. Best fish and chips around town! The fish is fried just til flaky and the batter is not greasy. The french fries are fresh, not frozen, and again fried without being greasy. Fish and chips coat $7.25 and you'll have enough left over to make a fish sandwich at home the next day. Oh, and every Tuesday senior citizens receive a 15% discount. Great food at a great price. Go and see for yourself.

1  Thank jtt07
Reviewed January 23, 2013

the prices ar reasonable and the food is good. Restaurant is always cean. They're known to have great fish.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Food is all ways good by they started doing sit down ordering it take so long to order & the server never came back to check on us. But the food is very good but we will go to other restaurants that give better table service.