All reviews new england beautiful hotel junior suite marble bathroom town green high quality welcoming staff outdoor patio lovely town maple syrup the entire staff comfortable bed dartmouth college dining room a wonderful stay can't wait to come back nice room
Reviewed September 26, 2016

We chose the Lyme Inn for a nuclear family weekend with our three adult children. It was an extension of our 50th Anniversary celebration. The children are all Dartmouth College graduates so the Upper Valley was the perfect spot to gather. The Lyme Inn was absolutely perfect. We had four rooms, all of which were charming, with very comfortable beds and immaculately clean and modern bathrooms. We loved the camaraderie in the bar and the Innkeeper and the bartender were both welcoming and entertaining. The entire weekend could not have been better. Should also mention the beautiful gardens. They were spectacular! Thanks Lyme Inn. We will return.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank pthut
Reviewed September 21, 2016

I needed to head to a recruiting event at a high school in Vermont the next day so needed just a place for the night and wow! Lots of character and charm. The room was on the third floor - tastefully decorated and an amazing bathroom complete with a robe which was unexpected. The next morning breakfast started at 8 but I had to be on my way by 7:45 and the host volunteered to make a bagel with cream cheese to go then added a side of fruit. I will stay again and recommend to family and friends.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2016

We stayed two nights at the Lyme Inn and really wished we had stayed longer. The room was just lovely: thick carpets, huge comfy bed, large gleaming bathroom, tasteful décor - exactly the kind of thing to put a smile on your face after a long day of travelling.

We ate in the restaurant and sat outside in the peaceful front garden, overlooking the small village buildings. The food was delicious and the waitress was lovely and made us feel really at home. It was one of my favourite nights of our holiday.

The included breakfast was very decent and there was a good section of cold options and toast included. The hot options are extra.

Also note that the restaurant only serves until 9pm and is not open Monday - Wednesday. It does say this in the room, but we hadn't noticed and were a caught out when returning late on the Monday and there isn't really anywhere else nearby.

It is a good location for both Vermont and New Hampshire. We visited the nearby White Mountain National Park whilst we were staying. Mount Washington itself is a couple of hours drive as it is right over the other side, but the scenery is spectacular, so it is a lovely drive, especially at sunset.

I'd definitely recommend staying here and if we are ever in New England again we will return!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

A great find. This historic inn has all the charm you would expect but totally updated with modern amenities. The tavern room has a full bar with a dinner menu. Breakfast is free and can be expanded for a reasonable fee.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2016

I booked the Lyme Inn for a business trip in the middle of the week so I was able to get a nice rate for the room through Expedia. It is such a nice inn for either business or pleasure. The innkeeper was able to reply to me with availability of an extra night in no time. The town of Lyme is a very small town in NH but it is centrally located if you are conducting business in VT and NH. The WIFI works great.
I dined at their restaurant my second night and had a great meal. Will submit that review separately. The bed at the room was very comfortable. I highly recommend the Lyme Inn.

Date of stay: August 2016