“For Ladies Who Lunch”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed August 28, 2012

A friend and I had lunch several months ago. We both ordered the tomato soup to start and then a grilled panini. I ordered the Reuben, along with a Samuel Adams Boston lager, but although the pastrami was of good quality, in retrospect, I would have preferred it hot, rather than cold, and I would have liked more sauerkraut in the sandwich. Here, Stella's really skimped. The accompanying potato chips and pickle were fine. I rarely eat a pickle but this piece was crisp, crunchy, and delicious. My friend chose the prosciutto and enjoyed her panini immensely.

The restaurant is located at the back of the former hardware store. There was art on display, and out front there is a nice collection of good quality groceries and delicatessen items.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Have been here 2-3 times and it is always good - and always busy. Plan to come early or after 7P to get seated promptly. Desserts are a bit pricy

Reviewed August 23, 2012

The gal at the bar was sweet. Tall, dark, and handsome Bob sat the two of us as if we were old friends. The servers and food runners were polite and efficient. The salmon special and the pasta with vodka sauce were both terrific. Loved the ambience, which provides a country feel with an classy urban vibe. We loved it and will be back. Thank you, Stella's!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We go here often as we live about 20 minutes away and it never fails us. Great service, although I wish you could always get a reservation - some nights they just don't take them - but we're usually seated within 20 minutes. Good beer and wine list, great pizza and other Italian dishes but lots of other things to choose from too. Created in an old hardware store, it used to be too noisy, but they've tackled that problem with some kind of cushions on the ceiling and its fine now. You can also buy wine and high quality things like balsamic vinegar and olive oil in the front of the restaurant. Seems to do a great business with carryout pizza too. Family owned and run. Good bar scene too...

Reviewed August 12, 2012

My party and I came here for lunch on a friend's recommendation as we were in town for a wedding. A great surprise! The food tasted amazing (I had the veggie-2 sandwich), the portions were reasonable, and the overall atmosphere was stellar. A nice, relaxing place where you could enjoy conversation with friends, listen to light music in the background--whichever you prefer. In some ways it felt like a small, homey coffeehouse that grew up to serve food and drinks. Speaking of which, another in my party had a cappuccino and loved it.