“quintessential neighborhood restaurant with panache” 5 of 5 bubbles

Stellas's Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Lyme
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Palm Beach, Florida
“quintessential neighborhood restaurant with panache”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

stella's is a bright light in the charming town of lyme. bob and denby coyle have built upon earlier hospitality experience to create a unique and wonderful dining/shopping experience. this is not a michelin three star place but if you're looking for an original, imaginative meal in a convivial atmosphere, stella's is hard to beat.

White River Junction, Vermont, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

My husband and arrived at Stellas at 6:15pm on a Saturday evening and was told there would be a 20 min wait. Ok it's Saturday and they're busy I get that. However, 5 or 10 minutes into our wait a 3 person party was seated (who came in after us) and another 5 minutes went by and another 3 person party was seated (who came in after us). I then looked in the restaurant and there were empty 4 person tables. I asked the hostess why we weren't being seated she said it was because they had to keep the 4 person tables open for larger parties. After I complained she said she would seat us. We left. They lost profit for potential profit and I do not intend to dine at Stellas anytime soon.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Christine S
Lyme
“we love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

Stellas is our favorite place for a romantic night, to meet with friends or watch a game together. Food and service is excellent. Bob and Denby are super nice people and hosts.

Visited April 2012
Thetford
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OVERPRICED BAD QUALITY PIZZA”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

The pizza is one of the most over-priced yet disturbingly bland and disappointing pizzas I have had in a long time. I can think of easily ten other pizza places that I could get a much cheaper better quality product. Seriously if you like the pizza at Stella's you have BAD TASTE! Oh yes they present the food very nicely but as a serious foodie I think they have a long way to go with the quality. The chefs there have no prior experience. The owners are constantly fighting and drunk themselves.I have gotten really sick from the calamari and really sad from eating the pizza. I am not impressed.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank lemonbasiltutu
Greenfield, Massachusetts
“Excellent dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by the Innkeeper at Breakfast on the Connecticut. What a good choice we made. I was wondering what we would find for dinner being so out in the country! Stellas was hopping and a bit noisy, but not as some places can be. The service was excellent. We were very well taken care of and made to feel welcome there. No request was a problem. The salad was fresh and very generous, especially as we were sharing it and our server (wish I could remember her name!!) had the kitchen put it on two plates for easier sharing.I have had smaller salads that were for just one person.The entrees were very good. Pasta cooked perfectly and sauces very flavorful. We enjoyed wine with our meal and of course I had to have dessert! Yummy. I recommend this restaurant!!

• Visited April 2012