All reviews sunday buffet water toys picnic tables perfect place wedding venue rented cabins new hampshire beautiful lake science museum super accommodating amazing location paddle boards cozy cabins look forward live music comfortable beds new friends
Reviewed June 27, 2010

When I made arrangements to pick up a new truck at Gerrish Honda, the date coincided with my wife and I’s eleventh wedding anniversary. Loch Lyme Lodge and cabins were suggested by sales person when I asked about any cabins by a lake for rent. I went to the web site (http://www.lochlymelodge.com/) and knew that would be the place to spend some relaxing time with my wife.
When I call to check availability I spoke directly to the host Amy Kelly. One cabin available, Good, I’ll take it. Amy said if there is anything I can do to make your stay better let me know. After some time, I called back with a few special requests, Amy agreed.
Now I just had to get my wife there without letting on. I had to coax her a little, she is not very spontaneous. When we arrived I was met by Amy. She had one more detail of my request to accomplish. I checked in with Jay as she sprang into action.
When my wife and I entered the cabin and saw the flowers, cookies, Bailey’s, and bath soap, (all her favs) she was extremely pleased. We had a great time relaxing by the lake, getting cozy in front of the fireplace in the cabin. The next morning we had a wonderful breakfast. The fresh mint was en excellent touch. More relaxing by the lake, Loons, calm waters, and beach, then we had to get back to the real world.
All of my expectations were exceeded. For the age, the rustic cottages and Lodge, were well maintained. All of the staff was friendly and attentive. Amy and Jay did a great job ensuring we had a pleasant stay. I would definitely recommend Loch Lyme Lodge and Cabins to anyone looking for relaxing rustic comfort.
Thanks Amy and Jay

Don and Patty Dubie

Date of stay: June 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank DSRVTer
Reviewed August 31, 2009

Loch Lyme Lodge is a great family vacation. We have been coming annually for nine years. My teen-aged boys love it and love hanging out with the other kids here (many of whom have been coming for years but newcomers are always welcome). The innkeepers are always responsive. The environment is beautiful and there are always fun things to do, at Loch Lyme Lodge and in the area. One word of caution: This is not a luxury resort. The cabins all have wood-burning fireplaces and are comfortable but rustic. We wouldn't miss our annual Loch Lyme Lodge vacation.

1  Thank tampajd
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Gorgeous setting. The staff and managers were just a pleasure to deal with - helpful, friendly, knowledgeable and welcoming. We will plan on visiting Loch Lyme Lodge again. A very enjoyable experience for our whole family.

1  Thank Demaeve
Reviewed July 22, 2009

I stayed for two nights recently at Loch Lyme Lodge and was pleasantly surprised by the combination of down-home friendliness and up-to-date, professionally run hospitality. I was traveling on my own and had to work much of the day in Hanover, but treated myself to an afternoon break to hang out at the pond. In the early evening I returned to to have a scrumptious dinner and retire to a comfortable, cozy, quiet cabin. All in all, the accomodations are a delightful mix of rustic luxury. I understand that they host Sunday brunches with jazz and blues live music. Wish I could attend! In general, I would definitely return to stay there again, next time with family or friends.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank CorporateBoard
Reviewed July 5, 2009

I just stayed at Loch Lyme Lodge. Our family group rented 3 cabins and enjoyed the Sunday buffet dinner which was delicious. We had 3 children under 2 years old playing happily in the large yard and on the swing set while the adults visited and listened to the loons on the lake. The cabins are rustic with very comfortable beds and nice linen. We all slept well in our peaceful cottages. The breakfast in the main house was terrific. Loch Lyme Lodge is a great place to kayak on the lake, take a swim or just relax and read. A perfect place for a restful vacation among friendly people.

Date of stay: June 2009