“A Homecoming”

LoveJoy Farm Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Loudon
LoveJoy Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Loudon B&B and Inns
Middlefield, Connecticut
“A Homecoming”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

In 2000 I visited here with my grandmother and family. My grandmother was a Batchelder. It was her family who built the farm in 1790. So, for us and the owners it was a historic kind of trip.
The hosts knew before we arrived that my grandmother was a Batchelder so they had accumulated a lot of history of the farm, and of the Batchelder family and presented it as a gift to us. They sat with us after we arrived in the afternoon, wine and cheese, and a lot of conversation about the farm and family history.
Our breakfast was great. The only thing I remember specifically that we were served was a pumpkin yogurt, along with pancakes, local maple syrup, coffee, juice, etc.
We walked off our breakfast climbing up the hill for a better view and seeing where they would make maple syrup.
14 years later, it is a fond memory of our trip to the farm.
I hope to revisit with other family in the not too distant future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Couples
Solo
Business
Moncton,N.B
Reviewed July 31, 2010

My partner and friends were attending the Nascar Races. We found this bed & breakfast in the internet, the pictures and the right up sounded real good, well, were we ever dissapointed, I did not have a room with a 4 poster bed and a fireplace, our rooms were over a carriage house, the carpet going up the stairs was ripped and stinky, the room was a fair amount size. The bathroom was very small, the shower was a stall with a plastic curtain, there was spider web in the shower and on the light fixtures, there was dust and hair around the toilet, in the bedroom, there was dust and spider webs all around the room on the casing, my friends found mice droppings on their sofa bed. The was a little room you had to walk thru to get upstairs to your room. The furniture was all dusty so you couldn't sit there at night, also where you parked your car, in stalls below the carriage house, there was bats there at night...very very dissapointed, had to book for 3 nights, there was no other place to stay, all motels were booked...the only good thing about this bed and breakfast was the good breakfast.. I forgot to mention, the rooms weren't being cleaned every day and the beds were not made, we had to ask for facecloths every day

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
6 Thank T-Bo83

Travelers are raving about these Loudon hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Loudon
Quality Inn Loudon
Courtyard Concord
Courtyard Concord
#5 of 8 in Concord
Best Western Concord Inn & Suites

Been to LoveJoy Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!