“Our kind of place - food done right! It's that simple.”
Review of Route 28 Roadhouse - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Boston area
“Our kind of place - food done right! It's that simple.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

When we pulled in we knew this was our kind of place. Very “local” No corporate mass produced foods or recipes. Not fancy – just awesome - lots of personality from the menu to the décor to the staff. And all good! Even though it was afternoon we couldn’t resist ordering breakfast which is served all day. I had the Rte 28 special … scrambled eggs with yummy, not too salty sausage over homemade biscuits with hollandaise sauce. Fabulous – and the home fries were superb too. Light, crispy and not too greasy. A dynamic duo for sure! My husband also loved his meal and we argued over who made the better choice. He had one of the house creative egg benedicts. They have about 20 different versions. We are going back for sure. You should check it out. Not too far off the highway. It’s pushed back a bit so don’t miss it. Plain Red Building – sign is a blocked some by the trees if you are going west. Easily seen when traveling east. Enjoy!

• Visited September 2012

Derry, New Hampshire
“Friendly and yummy!”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I had breakfasts here a couple times a week when my daughter was going to daycare across the street, so I've been here a hundred times or more. I have always found them to be fast, courteous, funny, and great people, and their food was always cooked very well. Expect a diner kind of atmosphere with a HUGE selection of eggs benedict varieties (kielbasa, hot dog, chicken, etc.) and my favorite, the Route 28 Scramble: scrambled eggs on top of homemade biscuits topped with hollandaise sauce with home fries on the side...I'm getting hungry just thinking about it! For lunches, there are a ton of burger choices as well, and they always have specials running and even corned beef and cabbage for the week leading up to St. Pats! Go visit co-owners Thelma and her husband Mike, along with the rest of the friendly staff (Mary and Julie), and have a great, cheap, and delicious breakfast or lunch!

• Visited January 2012
Londonderry, New Hampshire
“NEEDS RENOVATION....”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I went there last Saturday for breakfast This place is old and has an odor when you walk in the door. I ordered from a personnable waitress and had coffee that tasted like watered down tea, I think the grounds had been run thru twice. As I was eating a bug crawled across my table, I showed it in my napkin to my waitress and she comped my breakfast. I will not return....

• Visited January 2012