“A must do for our family every fall!”
Review of Mack's Apples

Mack's Apples
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Londonderry
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My family always looks forward to our annual trip to Mack's. We try to go once a year and pick our own apples. They offer a few different bag sizes that you can purchase at one of the individual orchards. (I think there are 5 orchards all together.) Each orchard is located within a few miles (maybe even less) of the big country store. When we visit Mack's we usually go to the store first and usually buy a little something. My favorites are the apple cider donuts or the honey sticks. They also offer fresh fruits and vegetables. Ice cream is available at a stand outside the store. The store does also offer a bathroom in case you are in need of one.
After our stop at the store we head up the street to one of the orchards. This year we went to orchard 3 which was easy to find. Once we all parked we purchased our bags at a little stand set up in front of the orchard. It was $12.00 for a small bag of apples. They did also offer a large bag or a Halloween themed bucket for the kids. We then proceeded to walk down the orchards finding and picking the best, biggest apples we could. At the opposite end of the orchards is a big pumpkin field. The price of the pumpkin will vary as it is all dependent on weight. After you find your perfect pumpkin bring it up to the front stand and they will ring you up for it. The stand also offers a small option of beverages including bottled water. Just to the side of the stand is a picnic bench that is available to anyone tired of walking.
Once again our annual trip to Mack's was great and we look forward to going back next year. In the meantime I am going to put those apples to good use. Apple crisp here I come!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I grew up in Londonderry, so I've watched Mack's Apples evolve over the years. We always went there during harvest seasons as they have the best produce in Londonderry. We used to go look at the scarecrows people displayed there every year, but I'm not sure whether they still do that. Now Mack's has ice cream, and it is delicious! You get large portions, and every single employee I've been in contact with there has been very friendly, patient, and unstressed, even though sometimes there are long lines waiting. They have redone the area by the pond several times, and this year it's the best ever. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We visit Mack's for Ice Cream and typically go in the Fall but if he continues to post his left wing rants I'll take my family elsewhere

1  Thank Kellyjo68
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Mack's is mainly known for its conventionally grown apples, both pick your own as well as ready to bag. Prices are above regular grocery stores, but freshness can be relied upon during the season and many varieties are grown here. Because the fruits, which include pears and others, are not organically grown, this isn't local produce at it's finest, but it may be close.

Helpful staff, lots of other produce (pumpkins, squash, etc.) available in turn and a convenient location add up to 4 stars for me.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Service was terrible and prices high. Sunny crest farms is not on the main road but much better experience